Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-Man 2 ST: anybody heard it in full?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I thought the soundtrack for the first film was pretty good save for a few songs by groups I didn't really care about. I have seen the video for the next movie on MTV and have to be honest, I think the song stinks.
I loved the song "Hero" but this one is too fast paced IMO, and I was wondering if the rest of the songs on the album are just as lackluster or if it gets better.
Old 06-20-04, 11:27 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
train's new song was quite possible the worst song i have ever heard.
Old 06-22-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So is the ST one big stink bomb of B-sides?
Old 06-22-04, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked it up on my lunch break and only got to listen to Trains song 'ordinary' (yes it is) and Maroon 5s song (woman) and was dissapointed with both, and I was excited because I love both of those bands.....
Old 06-26-04, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shame that this one has such a lackluster ST after the first one delivering the goods on so many gorunds. The Elfman material is good on this, but little else.
Old 06-27-04, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I won't pick it up, but I saw it at Target for $7.98! That is a cd price I can get behind. Nice price.
Old 06-28-04, 03:51 AM

I have it.
Here are my track-by-track opinions:

1) The Dashboard Confessional song "Vindicated" is awsome as ever, but since I really like all of their stuff, I'm a little preoccupied.

2) "Ordinary" by Train is a little more rock-orientated than usual, still a quite mediocre track.

3) Hoobastank "Did You": Typical Hoobastank sound, could be a track off their second album, not bad, not special either.

4) "Hold On" by Jet is a quite beautiful, almost country-esque ballad; quite unusual compared to their retro-rock sound of their album. Good song.

5) Yellowcard "Gifts and Curses": I assume they're alrady quite popular in the US, this was the first song I've ever heard by them, though. I have to say I love it, exactly my kind of music. A power pop hymn, a little like Something Corporate, with strings instead of a piano. I went and bought their album right afterwards (great album, too).

6) Maroon 5 "Woman": Big disappointment, most boring song on the soundtrack. Quite shame, since I like their album.

7) Taking Back Sunday "This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know)": Typical TBS pop punk/emo. Not too original, I still like it.

8) Midtown "Give It Up": I always considered them one of the most underrated bands on Drive-Thru Records, again they prove their quality. Beautiful, dark rock/punk/pop song. Great.

9) lostprophets "Lucky You": Typcically lostprophets, would have fit right on their "Start Something" album. Good song.

10) Smile Empty Soul "Who I Am": aster & harder than their "Punisher" OST contribution, typical dark neo-grunge style, a little colorless.

11) The Ataris "The Night The Lights Went Out In NYC": Further development (as their "Welcome to Astoria" album suggested) away from punk towards pop. Still good songwriting, catchy melodies.

12) Switchfoot "Meant To Live": Awesome song, despite their "one-in-a million-nu-rock-bands" image. Powerful.

13) Ana Johansson "We Are": Swedish singer/songwriter with a beautiful deep, scratchy voice. Dark, semi-acoustic song. Pretty interesting, curious about her upcomiong album.

14) Jimmy Gnecco feat. Brian May "Someone To Die For": Ugh. Cheesy 80s-style poweballad/crooning. I'm seriously concerned how Chris Cornell got it into the songwritig credits.

15) & 16): Score tracks by Danny Elfman: I like his style, but if you heard one, you've heard them all. Typical Batman/Spiderman/any Tim Burton movie sound.
Old 06-28-04, 09:55 PM

The disc is ok, the only ones I really like are "Ordinary" and "Vindicated," but that may be because I am fan of Train and Dashboard Confessional.