DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   When does the latest Esther album come out? Will she be in a movie? Who is Esther? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/370435-when-does-latest-esther-album-come-out-will-she-movie-who-esther.html)

Th0r S1mpson 06-18-04 09:44 AM

When does the latest Esther album come out? Will she be in a movie? Who is Esther?

Suprisingly, we all know her. -eek-

Mopower 06-18-04 09:50 AM

Been hitting the C2 a little too hard have we?

General Zod 06-18-04 09:54 AM

It least she didn't change her name into some symbol...

"The artist formerly known as Madonna"

Nazgul 06-18-04 09:56 AM

Esther = Media Whore

MonkeyG 06-18-04 09:56 AM

I heard she changed her accent again.

dancinns 06-18-04 09:59 AM

Who cares? Where's the J-Lo/Marc Anthony wedding photos?

BizRodian 06-18-04 10:01 AM

Really? she's calling herself Esther?

ok...

Geofferson 06-18-04 10:05 AM

Anyone heard why?

(not that I care)

General Zod 06-18-04 10:15 AM

Originally posted by Geofferson
Anyone heard why?

(not that I care)

Because you care ;)

---

Madonna's involvement with the mystic religion Kabbalah continues to strengthen, with the megastar revealing that, inspired by its teachings, she would now like to be re-named Esther.

The name Esther is derived from the Persian name Satarah, meaning "star".

"I was named (Madonna) after my mother," she explains. "My mother died when she was very young, of cancer, and I wanted to attach myself to another name. This is in no way a negation of who my mother is. I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a different name."

The singer's elucidations come in an interview with the US television channel ABC News, in which she finally talks about the religion she has espoused for some years now. She admits she used to bring a lot of chaos to people's lives by being selfish, but that now: "If it's traditional to be a decent human being, then I'm traditional."

Her husband Guy Ritchie had given his own views on Kabbalah a few days before, describing it as "simply an extension of the way most of us try to live our lives. It's just about being a decent person".

Guy admitted he'd had misgivings when introduced to Kabbalah by his wife, but that these were dispelled by talking to the founder of the Los Angeles Kabbalah centre, Rabbi Philip Berg. "I bombarded him with questions and lambasted his opinions," said Guy. "But I soon realised that he had this vast wealth of knowledge and scientific wisdom and he could answer any question I presented him with.

The religion, said to date back to the second century, is usually described as "Jewish mysticism", but Guy rejects that description. Its advocates say it offers a path to fulfilment based on spiritual and scientific laws of the universe.

The Ritchies carry their belief into all areas of their lives: Madonna wrote a top-selling children's book, The English Roses, inspired by what she'd learnt, saying, "It's a story about learning to appreciate what we have ourselves and not to be fixated on what other people have."

She also says in the upcoming TV interview, to be broadcast in the US on Friday, that her two children - Lourdes, who's seven, and three-year-old Rocco - are being taught good manners and how to clear up after themselves as part of the family's philosophy. "Gratitude, being grateful that is, that has to happen," explains the multi-millionairess.

movieking 06-18-04 10:21 AM

To me, Esther has always made me think of an old unattractive woman who is past her prime.

It fits perfectly. :up:

Applejack 06-18-04 12:00 PM

She should just die already.

Scorpio 06-18-04 01:47 PM

Can they rise up golems from the Earth?

Another40oz 06-18-04 11:27 PM

They need to rise a golem up to crush not only "Esther" but this jackass Rabbi Berg. As a Jew, I think I speak for all jews when I say we do not want you Madonna. We draft Lenny Kravitz instead.
This whole thing reminds me of how the political left want the Michael Moores, and hollywood actors like Alec Baldwins to shut the hell up because
-most of them don't know what they're talking about
-they don't deserve the platform to begin with
-they make ppl think everyone on the left is just as much a douchebag

Kabballah is not a religion. It's one aspect of judaism that one does not begin to study until after you've devoted your life towards studying the scriptures. That means you have 50-70yr old guys studying kabballah, some crazy shit, and it's meaning in the context of their religion. I guarantee this guy Rabbi Berg isn't teaching anything you can't find online or in your local library. And he's selling it as a product in L.A. what a shmuck. I feel bad because she's disrespecting my religion, whoring it out, and ppl are relating her skank ass to my religion... well most ppl have no idea it's even part of judaism and that's also thanks to her idiot ass. /rant

Numanoid 06-19-04 07:43 PM

Esther? Hmmm...I like it

http://www.dougmacaulay.com/kingspud/photos/lawpage.jpg

Rivero 06-20-04 12:34 PM

madonna, what a pathetic human being.