Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

SBC park or home depot center?

Old 06-13-04, 08:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

SBC park or home depot center?

I plan on going to the CURIOSA festival in August, either at the home depot center in los angeles, or at SPC park in san francisco.

heres the deal:

I get a week off starting that friday, the night of the festival in carson, los angeles. its about 2 hours from ventura. Carson aint that nice of an area.

the day after, the festival will move to one of my favorite places in the world, san francisco. its about 4 and half hours from ventura, where i'll be living.

So since i got a nice vacation i was planing on going up to san fran to see the show, id take the train and make a little vacation out of it.

but now i dunno where i want to see the show:

i have never been to the home depot center. its basicly a soccer field i believe, with tennis courts and some other areans insidea of it, from what i've heard. have you been there? would the festival be good to see here?

sbc park in san fran i found out is a baseball field. Never been to a show at a baseball field, but i heard the sound is quite week. Again, do you have any experiences with this place conert wise?

tickets have gone on sale for about half the dates and they seem really sporadic. some are 25 dollars, some are 80, some are GA and some all seated. ANy idea of what they would be at either of these places?

Pretty much, i'd like to go to san fran, but my #1 priority is the best venue to see the show. id rather not see it in carson, but if its a better venue for a concert festival, i'll see it there. any thoughts?

thanks
Old 06-13-04, 08:52 PM

I haven't been to either of those venues before. I have been to Comerica Park (baseball field) in Detroit though. The show was ok but nothing amazing. Ampitheaters are better.

Out of the two I'd pick the Home Depot Center. Really though, drive to an ampitheater and see this show.
Old 06-14-04, 10:45 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

noted, thanks
Old 06-14-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, if you prefer a more intimate setting, I'd recommend the Home Depot Center, which seats somewhere in the vicinity of 27,000. SBC Park is much bigger at 41,000 seats.
Old 06-15-04, 11:50 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

SBC Park, pac bell park, is gorgeous. in the summer its a beautiful place, with the water right behind.