Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Linkin Park - Yay or nay?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Linkin Park...do you like them?
Yay
40.44%
Nay
52.94%
Used to like them, don't anymore
4.41%
I prefer Twikoff Park
2.21%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Linkin Park - Yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-04, 11:50 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MJKTool
I just thought the 99.9% comment was pretty far out there thats all. You didn't say "That I've heard" in your original post
I learned long ago to just take everything posted as just that person's opinion, regardless of how it's stated. Just add the "IMO" or "that I've heard" in there when you read posts. Saves a lot of arguments that pull threads off topic.
Old 08-11-04, 01:01 PM
Retired

I caught them in concert yesterday, and they reaffirmed my "Yay" vote.

They're an awesome live band. Their encore was among the best I've seen with Crawling, a great cover of Wish (my favorite NIN song) and One Step Closer.

I'm still not a huge fan, but they are MUCH better than most of the mainstream crap that's came out the past 5+ years IMO.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 08-11-04 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-11-04, 01:17 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I learned long ago to just take everything posted as just that person's opinion, regardless of how it's stated. Just add the "IMO" or "that I've heard" in there when you read posts. Saves a lot of arguments that pull threads off topic.
Good point.

Old 08-11-04, 02:15 PM
Banned

Nay.
Old 08-11-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw them in Detroit a few weeks back and they were great. They are a really good live band. There fanbase is also varied which makes for a good crowd. I must say,although Im not a huge Korn fan they put on a great show too.I wish I did like them more cuz of how solid they did. Of course (if youve read this thread) Im saying a huge yay for them.Call it pre packaged (?), call it pop, call them a boy band, when I hear there music I like what I hear, PERIOD . Its cool tho that people have such varied tastes in music as it makes for a variation in the music that we have available.
Old 08-11-04, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in mass agreement with gmal just said in the previous post...glad that there is such a diversity in musical tastes, because it provides for such a wide variety, of which I enjoy a damn decent amount of.

I saw LP a few years back at our local Zeta 94 Banzai concert, and from what I recall, they were pretty damn good live. The singer seemed to have really good stage presence...and there was a double stage set up (one right up against the other) to reduce the amount of time between each band. He worked both stages. Others seen at the concert that I remember and enjoyed: hed(PE), Disturbed...wish I could remember others...I THINK nonpoint.....damn drugs. I knew I stopped for a reason. I'll have to check with my friend who went with me who's a bit more keen in the brain.

In summary though, yay for LP. I enjoy their stuff (have all albums but the live one), and look forward to their next one. However, I am cautious, as I too am becoming wary of the redundancy of the musical style. Strangely enough, I stopped buying Staind's stuff for this same reason. Got the first 2, nothing since then.