Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

avril lavigne ~ "Under My Skin"

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-26-04, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i figured someone would have posted about this album, but i did a search and didn't find anything.

Anyway, I bought the cd yesterday and have already listened to it completely through 3 or 4 times. It is a great album. Sure, I liked the first cd, but there were some lame tracks on that cd and some of it was just cheesy and the lyrics were pretty dumb. But this 2nd album is so much more mature. The lyrics are much more deep and are much better. Just because it's avril, don't pass this cd up without giving it a listen. Her next single is probably my favorite track right now ("my happy ending"). There is an acoustic version I've heard that is actually better, but nonetheless, this is a good buy!

Jason.
Old 05-26-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been listening to the record for a few weeks, very enjoyable. Definitely worth picking up (especially considering the low price)...

MATT
Old 05-26-04, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mdc3000
I've been listening to the record for a few weeks, very enjoyable. Definitely worth picking up (especially considering the low price)...

MATT
... that is, if you're into teen music?
Old 05-26-04, 03:17 PM

This really is a good cd. I was actually kind of anti-Avril when her first cd came out and I heard Sk8er Boi which annoyed me. But I thought Losing Grip was awesome. I don't think there's a song on her new cd that I don't like.
Old 05-26-04, 04:33 PM

the only song I don't really care for is "he wasn't"...just too pop punk I guess for me. And "Freak out" gets kind of annoying, but it's still pretty decent.
Old 05-28-04, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SomeVoices
"Sk8er Boi"
Just that phrase and its spelling are enough to incite violence in me. Its like girls dotting their i's with hearts.
Old 05-28-04, 03:19 PM

I've been wanting to check this album out, I really didn't like her first album, even in a guilty pleasure kind of way. This album she has something going for her, Butch Walker. He produced Don't Tell Me, My Happy Ending, and Freak Out and he also co-wrote My Happy Ending. So far everything he's involved with I enjoy.

Butch Walker is most famous for so-writing SR-71's "Right Now" and Bowling for Soup's "Girl All the Bad Guys Want." He's also produced and/or written for Lit, Injected, Sevendust, Midtown and Jimmie's Chicken Shack to name a few.

I just listened to a few samples and "Freak Out" sounds like he recylced a guitar line from "Better Off Alone" a song he did with his previous band, Marvelous 3.

If this disc sounds like the samples (which sometimes they don't) I'll be putting this into my guilty pleasures file.
Old 05-29-04, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hated Sk8tr Boi and it's easily one of the worst songs ever recorded ( or most annoying).

but this new cd is pretty darn good. i'm enjoying the heck out of it.
Old 05-29-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whatever song she has on the radio right now is highly annoying -- especially her voice screaming. Worse than Brittney Spears.