DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   PJ Harvey "Uh-huh-her" June release in US (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/365327-pj-harvey-uh-huh-her-june-release-us.html)

skatefan20 05-20-04 04:10 PM

PJ Harvey "Uh-huh-her" June release in US

The new one from PJ doesn't come out until June 8.

But if you go to the Tower Records site and preorder it, you get a bonus import single featuring two b-sides. Woo-hoo!

meritocracy 05-20-04 04:56 PM

Excellent news! Thanks for the tip...

Hollowgen 05-20-04 06:39 PM

groovy! dare i ask if this special applies online as well?

Matt 05-20-04 09:28 PM

Link

Thanks for the tip--was just trying to decide where to order this from the other day. Guess this settles it.

Hollowgen 05-21-04 12:35 AM

thanks both of you! i hope the album is good!

Gamblor187 06-02-04 10:29 PM

You can listen to most of the album for free at vh1.com. (It's got every song but "Who The F**k?")

It's too late for me to listen to the whole thing right now, but I like what I've heard.

jim

Hollowgen 06-03-04 12:14 AM

Originally posted by Gamblor187
You can listen to most of the album for free at vh1.com. (It's got every song but "Who The F**k?")

It's too late for me to listen to the whole thing right now, but I like what I've heard.

jim

i listened to it, and it seems like she's reverted back to her older "tougher" sound. i could get into this, although i must admit that upon first listen, i was a bit disappointed. i really love stories from the city, stories from the sea.

BDB 06-03-04 07:10 AM

If you pre-order the album now at Tower.com, you'll receive the import single for "The Letter" free.

And the single the letter is up for download at Itunes

Lokimok 06-07-04 06:47 PM

She's scheduled to be on Letterman tonight.

skatefan20 06-07-04 08:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

Scorpio 06-08-04 02:45 AM

Cool beans.

fnordboy 06-08-04 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Lokimok
She's scheduled to be on Letterman tonight.
And she was very good. Looks like I will be picking up her new album. :)

dvduser6 06-08-04 03:12 PM

Anybody pick this up yet? I haven't been able to track it down.

Elpresidentepez 06-09-04 12:39 AM

Hey Jippy, try Target. They had it in Vacaville, CA for 9.98. But it wasn't in their new releases, it was on a random endcap. Probably different for each store (where their placing it), but give them a try!

I listened to the album, very rough sounding; it reminds me of rid of me(compliment). The album feels very personal, the liner notes have that feel too with the random personal messages and photos from her teen years.

fnordboy 06-09-04 09:49 AM

Originally posted by Jippy
Anybody pick this up yet? I haven't been able to track it down.
I picked this up yesterday, Best Buy had it for $9.99. I listened to most of it on the way to work this morning and it is a solid album thus far.

skatefan20 06-09-04 09:42 PM

Got mine thru Tower Records, and came with a bonus UK import single for the "The Letter". PJ's given some darn good B-sides, and I wish she had not left the "Uh Huh Her" or "Evol" tracks (which she performed on John Peel) off the album rather than giving us seagull noises.

Still, I'm lovin this new album, though it's darn shorter than her previous releases.

I agree it has that raw and stark quality she had on "To Bring You My Love" and "Is this Desire?" Favorite tracks are: "Who the F**k?", "The Letter", "Cat on the Wall", and "You Come Through" (I love her vocals here.)

I wish she had included the video to "Who the F**k?' (where she's happily prancing around) on this US release. I'm having trouble downloading it from her website.

whynotsmile 06-10-04 03:50 PM

i got it. im usually not a fan of that "stripped down" style but this is brilliant. once again, Pj just stabs you in the heart with her music and words