Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Any Judas Priest/Halford fans?

Old 05-18-04, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Any Judas Priest/Halford fans?

Can anyone help?

On Halford's Live Insurection CD, on disc 1 there's a song called "Sad Wings". It's a pretty awesome song. I never heard it before so I figured it's an old Judas Priest song I never heard and prolly on the Sad Wings of Destiny album ... but it's not, unless it's got a different title on the album? Anyone have any idea where I can find that original song?
Old 05-18-04, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

apparently its a solo piece and only on that album
Old 05-18-04, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sad Wings is just a new song recorded by Halford's band. Heart of a Lion is an unrelesed Priest song rerecorded by Halford. It was just released by Priest for the 1st time on the new box set Metalogy.
Old 05-19-04, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cactusoly
Sad Wings is just a new song recorded by Halford's band. Heart of a Lion is an unrelesed Priest song rerecorded by Halford. It was just released by Priest for the 1st time on the new box set Metalogy.
I was going to guess it was off Judas Priest's Sad Wings of Destiny CD, but its not.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 05-19-04 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-19-04, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Oh well... Thanks for the info. I guess with Rob back with Judas Priest now we can forget about any new Halford albums for a while at least.
Old 05-19-04, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess I'm not a even basic fan as I own only one J.P. cd (Live), but I was never into their studio cd's. They never match the raw energy of the live stuff.

BTW, will they have a new drummer since their current one is in legal trouble?
Old 05-19-04, 09:33 PM
Banned by request

Rob is back with Judas Priest!? When did that happen? Why would he do that? Halford now is a much better band than Priest now. With the exception of Painkiller, Priest has been useless since 1985.
Old 05-20-04, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it was announced a few months ago when the line-up for the Ozzfest Tour was released.
Old 05-21-04, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Suprmallet
Rob is back with Judas Priest!? When did that happen? Why would he do that? Halford now is a much better band than Priest now. With the exception of Painkiller, Priest has been useless since 1985.

But I think the Lead singer guy who replaced Halford left and he's singing for ICED EARTH now.
Old 05-21-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by POWERBOMB

BTW, will they have a new drummer since their current one is in legal trouble?
Dave Holland has not been the Priest drummer since 1988. Scott Travis (who is Priests best drummer ever) has been with them since Painkiller in 1990. (with a side step with Halfords 1st solo band Fight) He is also the one who discovered Ripper.

Priest with Ripper is awesome (check out the Live In London CD and DVD) Iced Earth with Ripper is great (an even better band than before) The Glorious Burdon is my favorite album released so far this year.

as far as Halford goes... the 1st Fight Cd was great the second was soso. Two was an abomination. Halford Reserection was great (basically a Priest album) Crucible was just pretty good. none of Rob's solo works can compare with Priest with or without Rob (although Reserection and Live Insurrection come close)

Last edited by cactusoly; 05-21-04 at 12:52 PM.