DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   what cd's are you buying this week 5/18? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/364324-what-cds-you-buying-week-5-18-a.html)

Rypro 525 05-14-04 11:20 PM

what cd's are you buying this week 5/18?

Morrissey "You Are the Quarry"

whynotsmile 05-15-04 01:21 AM

moz.

whats with DC? they re-releasing it or something? cause i know the original came with a dvd too

Mittman 05-15-04 09:26 AM

No option for the New Found Glory CD?

DJLinus 05-15-04 09:40 AM

Gonna pick up the new Morrissey disc. Don't think I'll get the CD/DVD edition, though. Normally, I would if it were only a buck or two more (like how the Roots' Phrenology CD/DVD was priced), but the DVD content doesn't justify an additional $8 to me - at least that's the price difference at Best Buy. It's just a video, photo gallery, and lyrics, right?

I was also wondering what's new about the Dashboard Confessional CD. (Not going to double dip, regardless)

fsubruce 05-15-04 11:39 AM

I'll be picking up the new George Michael album, and have also ordered the new Curve double CD collection of hits and rarities, The Way Of Curve, from amazon.uk. I don't think a US release date has been set for that one yet?

asianxcore 05-15-04 11:53 AM

possibly New Found Glory. but then again I didn't like what I heard, other than the single.

white hot mass 05-15-04 12:41 PM

Rjd2 - Since we last spoke

KV12482 05-15-04 01:35 PM

Originally posted by whynotsmile
moz.

whats with DC? they re-releasing it or something? cause i know the original came with a dvd too

The bonus DVD on the re-release is the MTV2 Album Covers concert. Its DC covering REM songs with a guest appearance from Michael Stipe. Stipe sings in on a few REM songs and most of "Hands Down."

Quake1028 05-15-04 02:18 PM

I'll get the RJD2 if it is coming out, if not, nothing.

Frank TJ Mackey 05-15-04 03:29 PM

PJ Harvey "Uh Huh Her"

DJLinus 05-15-04 03:56 PM

I totally forgot that I preordered "OkayPlayer Presents True Notes Volume One" (featuring the Roots, Skillz, RJD2, Hieroglyphics, Aceyalone, Dilated Peoples, and others) from HipHopSite.com so I could get the free t-shirt, bonus CD, etc.

Thunderball 05-15-04 07:40 PM

the new Method Man probably, althought I voted other things, cause Id idnt' see Tical 0 til after I voted.

Tony Dvdfan 05-15-04 10:04 PM

Just the Method for me.

Shiv Shankly 05-16-04 12:12 AM

Morrissey and the new Streets album, A Grand Don't Come For Free.

sergtv 05-16-04 01:11 AM

morrissey.. i had no idea he had a new cd coming out.. wish he would come to town.. can't wait to see him on lalapalooza.. thanks for the heads up on the new cd :)

Michael Corvin 05-16-04 08:23 AM

the rerelease of An Evening with John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess. Brilliant album.

I guess this would also fall under the double-dip thread. ;)

dvduser6 05-16-04 10:34 AM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
the rerelease of An Evening with John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess. Brilliant album.

I guess this would also fall under the double-dip thread. ;)

Ditto. I'm looking forward to hearing the unreleased tracks.

dolphinboy 05-17-04 06:21 PM

tori and alanis tonight at midnight!

Gdrlv 05-17-04 07:37 PM

Guster "Guster on Ice: Live from Portland, Maine"
Rjd2 "Since We Last Spoke"
The Streets "A Grand Don't Come Free"

Eplicon 05-17-04 08:21 PM

I'm picking up at least four this week, maybe more, depending if anything else catches my fancy:

-expanded <b>West Side Story</b> soundtrack
-expanded <b>Dances with Wolves</b> soundtrack
-<b>The Chase</b> soundtrack (1966 film)
-Alanis's <b>So-Called Chaos</b>

I'm double-dipping on the first two (soundtrack collecting is no less vulnerable to seeing better/remastered/longer re-issues than DVDs are).

Da Thrilla 05-17-04 08:41 PM

Not a thing!

Gamblor187 05-17-04 08:42 PM

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
PJ Harvey "Uh Huh Her"
That comes out this week????
My God! I think I just wet myself!

I can't afford to pick up this and the new Moz on Tuesday. I'll have to pick up the new PJ, and then go back for "You Are The Quarry" on payday.

dolphinboy 05-18-04 03:38 AM

I'm not sure if there are many fans of Juliana Hatfield these days, but when I was buying the Alanis and Tori stuff, I saw a new album from her (In Exile Deo) and gladly snatched it up. I'll be listening to the new Alanis for a couple of days, but I really look forward to hearing what Juliana has put together. I doubt it will disappoint. I hope someone cool like Conan gets her on, so she can get some promotion for it. I hadn't even seen it listed anywhere.

Tscott 05-18-04 05:06 AM

According to Amazon.com PJ Harvey's new album doesn't come out until June 8 - unless Frank TJ Mackey knows something Amazon doesn't.

Any Tori, Alanis and Juliana will all be mine tomorrow(or today, depending on how you look at - GOD I've got to get to sleep...). I'll check for PJ while I'm there, just in case, but I wont have my hopes up.

Canis Firebrand 05-18-04 07:23 AM

Originally posted by dolphinboy
tori and alanis tonight at midnight!
Ditto, except for the midnight part. :)