DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   driving music poll!!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/362343-driving-music-poll.html)

whynotsmile 05-04-04 07:42 PM

driving music poll!!!!

best and worst stuff to listen to while driving. begin your list now!

best: flogging molly(actually, this could be considered bad as it does make you speed like crazy. try listening to DRUNKEN LULLIBIES and going 20 mph. its impossible), best of beach boys exluding everything past, DO YOU WANNNA DANCE, rooney, the thrills, new order, prince's DIRTY MIND, liscene to ill-beastie boys, songs for the deaf-queens of the stone age, probot, zwan, pixies-doolittle, ECHOES by the rapture, cure's greatest hits, the supremes greatest hits, the smiths.

worst: bob dylan(though the hurricane does get your blood pumping), elliot smith, joy division, elvis costello's NORTH, comedy albums (cant concentrate on the road), most radiohead.

antennaball 05-04-04 07:52 PM

Best: Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Vallejo, Beastie Boys, Disturbed, Rancid, NOFX, Fountains of Wayne, Evanesence, DMX, Spineshank

Worst: Ben Jelen, Radiohead, Johnny Cash

db27 05-04-04 08:19 PM

generally I like to drive while listening to heavy stuff. I keep 8CD's in my car at all times, they are currently.

AC/DC - Back in Black
Cold - 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage
Dropbox - Dropbox
Guns n' Roses- Greatest Hits
Hoobastank - The Reason
Incubus - A Crow Left of the Murder
Metallica - Kill em' All
Sevendust - Southside Double-Wide Acoustic Live

fallow 05-04-04 10:01 PM

I think that hip-hop and dance music is the best: New Order, Notorious B.I.G., DM & Jemini, LCD Soundsystem. The recent "maximalist" electro records (The Avalanches' Since I Left You, Basement Jaxx's Kish Kash, Jason Forrest's The Unrelenting Sounds...) are all REALLY awesome, especially if you have a good stereo. Post-punk and No-Wave is good, too: Gang of Four, Wire, Bush Tetras, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Mission of Burma, PiL, The Contortions.

Anything folk or abstract is horrible. Angels of Light, Fennesz, Boredoms, Devendra Banhart, Animal Collective, Vashti Bunyan, Fairport Convention. Also bad is slow-burning or MOR indie. I thought Yo La Tengo would be a great driving band but I was very wrong.

fallow 05-04-04 10:25 PM

Most undrivable music = POST ROCK. Seriously.

Randy Miller III 05-04-04 10:28 PM

Depends what time of day it is, really.

Ergyu 05-04-04 11:01 PM

Whatever I feel like listening to. Hip Hop and Dance is the worst because so much of it is so ****ing terrible/annoying.

Giantrobo 05-05-04 05:34 AM

Lately I've been listening to a great MOTORHEAD Best of cd.

iggystar 05-05-04 11:52 AM

I listen to everything while driving. It really depends on my mood. However, while driving from Georgia with my in-laws I had to endure the Temptations on the entire ride back...12 hours! So I'll say that was the worst driving music.

SFranke 05-05-04 12:14 PM

Rammstein - Live Aus Berlin

This album makes my heart swell with Teutonic pride, instilling in me confidence that my German heritage commands mastery of my vehicle and that I may triumph over those who oppose me in my journey.

conscience 05-05-04 02:48 PM

I have to listen to something that keeps me awake.

Rock, Rap, Hillbilly country, etc.

No soft rock...I don't see how my mother stays awake.