DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   blink-182 - Yay or nay? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/361528-blink-182-yay-nay.html)

Tarantino 04-30-04 12:55 PM

blink-182 - Yay or nay?

I pulled out the blink-182 CD's the other day. I forgot how much I loved their music, but for some reason, a lot of people don't like them...

Do you?

bralph 04-30-04 01:04 PM

I really like 'em. Along with Offspring, they provide great, fun music laced with humor.

Ergyu 04-30-04 04:19 PM

I hate them with a passion, but I like Offspring.

antennaball 04-30-04 04:27 PM

I like them in small (very small) doses.

the narrator 04-30-04 05:02 PM

they have been my favorite band since I bought Dude Ranch the week it came out....so yeah I love em

Rivero 04-30-04 05:15 PM

I absolutely loathe this band and others like them. I find this kind of calculated, pristine pseudo-"rock" incredibly boring. If you want great, fun music laced with humor try something like.....off the top of my head....The Moldy Peaches.

Gdrlv 04-30-04 05:36 PM

I pretty much hate them anymore. Not sure if it's actually them or just a very bad taste in my mouth for the shitty bands they opened the door for...Simple Plan, Saves the Day, etc.

SeekOnce 04-30-04 05:46 PM

They were good way back when I saw'em on tour for Dude Ranch. But Blink got progressively worse with each album afterwards.

Now I never wanna see them live ever again. Seriously, Mark is around 30 and he's still doing mom jokes on stage. That stuff gets old.

Tarantino 04-30-04 07:54 PM

Originally posted by Rivero
I absolutely loathe this band and others like them. I find this kind of calculated, pristine pseudo-"rock" incredibly boring. If you want great, fun music laced with humor try something like.....off the top of my head....The Moldy Peaches.
The moldy peaches are not funny at all. They borderline on not even being music. Horrible, horrible sounds...

demonio 04-30-04 08:01 PM

Tom Delong's vocals is the most annoying sound I think I've ever heard.....and I've heard a lot of Nickelback!!

NAY!!

Rivero 04-30-04 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
The moldy peaches are not funny at all. They borderline on not even being music.
Have to disagree there. I guess you need a twisted sense of humor to get most of their songs. What bands would you consider to utilize humor well?

Tarantino 04-30-04 08:31 PM

I'm not sure...but I'm not the one that said blink-182 was funny.

Hiro11 04-30-04 08:32 PM

I truly enjoy Enema and Take Your Pants... Both are excellent pop albums with great production and solid playing, especially by their drummer. I don't know how you can call it "calculated", they're certainly not Backstreet Boys level cynics. "All The Small Things" or "Aliens Exist", for example, have world class hooks and a great buzzy sound.

I think a lot of people get hung up on them because they're supposed to be "punk" and don't just take them at face value. Drop your agenda and relax and you'll find a zippy little combo.

DVDHO 04-30-04 10:29 PM

To bubble gum for me,Nay.

antennaball 04-30-04 10:54 PM

Have to disagree there. I guess you need a twisted sense of humor to get most of their songs. What bands would you consider to utilize humor well?
Yes, I know this wasn't directed towards me but I find Bloodhound Gang 100 times funnier than The Moldy Peaches.

Da Thrilla 04-30-04 11:13 PM

Yay

MJKTool 05-01-04 12:24 AM

I hate em

Ergyu 05-01-04 12:24 AM

I saw The Moldy Peaches open for Tenacious D a couple years ago, quite the experience hehe.

custom001 05-01-04 06:40 AM

Couldn't really vote... I love their "Enema Of The State" album, the perfect fun punk/pop album, IMO.
Also, "Dude Ranch" definitely has it's moments.
Only partially liked the "Take Off Your Pants..." album and haven't decided yet if I really like their new "serious" one.

So it would be a "Know too much to judge" option for me. :)