DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Brian Eno to produce the next New Order album (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/359580-brian-eno-produce-next-new-order-album.html)

fallow 04-20-04 10:51 AM

Brian Eno to produce the next New Order album

From New Order Online.

New Order are busy working in the Real World studio working on their new album, PlayLouder is excited to reveal.

The Manchester legends have so far enlisted the help of Steven Street and John Leckie on production duties, and they're about to work with Uber God, diety, cool bastard, and genius... the one that walks amongst us better known as Brian Eno. Whoo-ha!

There has been no time yet placed on the delivery but it could quite possibly be at the end of the year, or some time in 2005 depending on how things go.

The tracks recorded so far sound "something special" revealed a person. "They weren't sure who to get so they thought 'why not all of 'em?'"
:drool:

atlantamoi 04-20-04 10:58 AM

That's cool. There isn't one New Order album that I don't like... I'll be interested to hear the end result.

Hiro11 04-20-04 11:01 AM

Originally posted by atlantamoi
That's cool. There isn't one New Order album that I don't like... I'll be interested to hear the end result.
Up to Technique, I'd agree. After that, their music actually got a little boring, like they were in a holding pattern (aside from the classic single "Regret"). Hopefully Eno can inject some innovation.

Giles 04-20-04 11:02 AM

I just hope that after the album is released New Order can do a proper US tour. I have never seen them 'live' but would love to see them as such.

wendersfan 04-20-04 11:11 AM

I can't even imagine what it will sound like. It should certainly be interesting, though.

RichDB10 04-20-04 12:45 PM

Originally posted by wendersfan
I can't even imagine what it will sound like. It should certainly be interesting, though.
You can say that again....sort of Roxy Music with lead vocals courtesy of Bernard Sumner as opposed to Brian Ferry and the New Order trademark guitar sound of Peter Hook as opposed Phil Manzenera - very interesting prospect :D

Giles 04-20-04 12:52 PM

but I liked Peter's offshoot band Monaco :(

RichDB10 04-20-04 01:10 PM

Originally posted by Giles
but I liked Peter's offshoot band Monaco :(
Yeah..me too..i'm just curious as to how this Eno collaboration will sound...at least Monaco and Electronic still maintained a very 'New Order-ish' feel about them and i don't suppose this will be any different to an extent in this respect.

SomeVoices 04-20-04 02:45 PM

I was maybe expecting something a little sooner, but if Eno's in on it I think it will be worth the wait.

whynotsmile 04-20-04 03:29 PM

I only have one of their albums, their greatest hits cd that came with a short dvd. i love it. probably oen of my favorite albums. i dont put it down.

I put in the dvd and watched the video for one of my favorite songs. but it wasn't the same song. The video version was really lame, while the cd version was fantastic. did they do a big ass remastering job or something?

fallow 04-20-04 04:15 PM

Unfortunately, the pollen in the air has thrown off my telepathy. What is yr favorite song?

SomeVoices 04-20-04 07:42 PM

Originally posted by fallow
Unfortunately, the pollen in the air has thrown off my telepathy. What is yr favorite song?
:lol:

whynotsmile 04-20-04 07:50 PM

uhhhh i forgot the name....... ha umm its track 5.

wendersfan 04-20-04 08:50 PM

Originally posted by whynotsmile
uhhhh i forgot the name....... ha umm its track 5.
Well that certainly narrows it down

whynotsmile 04-20-04 08:58 PM

track 5 on greatest hits!

ok i love nearly all the songs but i think the one im refering too is that love triangle song.

ah screw it. the case is right in my backpack. guess it doesn't pay to be lazy after all

songs i love:

ceremony
thieves like us
the perfect kiss (this is the one im rerfering to)
bizare love triangle
true faith
touched by the hand of god

wendersfan 04-20-04 09:47 PM

Originally posted by whynotsmile
the perfect kiss (this is the one im rerfering to)
Man, I don't know how many versions of that one song I own. I've got the 7" single, the 12" single, the album its from, plus various remixes...

atlantamoi 04-20-04 10:22 PM

Oooh... I LOVE the "Perfect Kiss" video. Yeah, the song is different because they are performing it live. That is one of the coolest videos I've ever seen.... even though I prefer the "normal" version on my stereo.

tofu 04-21-04 10:02 AM

Oooohhh . . what a great partnership. I can't wait. Hopefully, Eno will be able to bring New Order back to prominence.

Gunshy 04-23-04 04:14 PM

I think this is moy cool, not because I am a New Order fan (I haven't really checked them out yet actually), but because it means The Man is still producing bands releases :thumbsup: :)

-Gunshy