Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Black Eyed Peas question

Old 03-02-04, 08:33 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,896
Black Eyed Peas question

Is the girl in the group with them African-American, caucasion, or a mulatto?

For some reason, I think her being hot plays a major role in the success of the band. Furthermore, I would say she has the chance to eclipse or overshadow the rest of the band like Gwen Stefani with No Doubt.
Dr. DVD is offline  
Old 03-02-04, 08:53 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Los Angeles , California
Posts: 3,596
Her name is Stacy Ann Ferguson. I'm pretty sure she's caucasion. She was the little girl on Kid's Inc. She's also, damn fine!
SPiRAL is offline  
Old 03-02-04, 09:58 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,688
Funny, I was wondering this myself. Now I've got the Kids Inc. theme song in my head.
Scorpio is offline  
Old 03-02-04, 10:34 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
DJLinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 8,624
Re: Black Eyed Peas question

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
For some reason, I think her being hot plays a major role in the success of the band. Furthermore, I would say she has the chance to eclipse or overshadow the rest of the band like Gwen Stefani with No Doubt.
Their first two albums, which were far superior, got little airplay. This third one blew up.

I really love their first disc. I hate to sound like the "I-liked-them-before-they-were-big" guy, but I met them at a CMJ confernce right before their album came out. They put on a great show and seemed like nice guys.
DJLinus is offline  
Old 03-02-04, 11:27 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 7,694
Re: Re: Black Eyed Peas question

Originally posted by DJLinus
I really love their first disc.
"Joints and Jams" is one of the greatest songs/videos ever made.
the aftermath is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 12:19 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Under a dead Ohio sky
Posts: 5,820
Have you seen the Hey Mama Video ? She shakes her ass like that things got a motor in it.

Thrush is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 09:23 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,896
Originally posted by Thrush
Have you seen the Hey Mama Video ? She shakes her ass like that things got a motor in it.


Yes, that is what made me look up the band. Not many people had heard of them before this video and I think her aforementioned shaking is playing a part in its popularity. I have no question in my mind that she will be the most popular band member.
Dr. DVD is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 09:40 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 7,694
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
she will be the most popular band member.
I'm pretty sure she already is.
the aftermath is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 04:07 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 16,626
I too used to enjoy the Black Eye Peas, but when I saw the video for "Shut Up" or whatever the song is, I really thought it was going to be the group Dream.
majorjoe23 is online now  
Old 03-03-04, 04:37 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 182
Apparently she was in that lame group "Wild Orchid" that released a few albums in the '90s. IIRC they were three hot chicks that sang shitty Mariah Carey ripoffs.
fsubruce is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 04:55 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mondo Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,917
Originally posted by fsubruce
Apparently she was in that lame group "Wild Orchid" that released a few albums in the '90s. IIRC they were three hot chicks that sang shitty Mariah Carey ripoffs.
WoW. Didn't even know that.

Ta-Dah!
Mondo Kane is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 05:08 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 866
Song sucks, but damn she's hot.
Binger is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 06:07 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not There...
Posts: 2,596
Nice addition to the group, she just joined before this album.
JNielsen is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 06:12 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,896
Thought I recognized her from somewhere. Guess she decided to go carnal. If only the other two would do the same.

I remember their videos always had them in skintight outfits while wiggling vigorlously. Glad she knew it truly was a monymaker she had.

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 03-03-04 at 06:20 PM.
Dr. DVD is offline  
Old 03-03-04, 06:15 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 866
Originally posted by Mondo Kane
WoW. Didn't even know that.

Ta-Dah!
Who's the one on the left?
Binger is offline  
Old 03-04-04, 04:35 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Los Angeles , California
Posts: 3,596
Originally posted by Binger
Who's the one on the left?

I don't know, but the one in the middle was also in Kid's Inc.
SPiRAL is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 06:48 AM
  #17  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 2,488
Re: Black Eyed Peas question

Originally posted by Dr. DVD


For some reason, I think her being hot plays a major role in the success of the band.
Sadly enough....I agree. I used to be a big Black Eyed Peas fan but Jesus Christ.....they sold out in the worst possible way you can possibly sell out. Very sad, really.
Rivero is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 11:11 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,896
Re: Re: Black Eyed Peas question

Originally posted by Rivero
Sadly enough....I agree. I used to be a big Black Eyed Peas fan but Jesus Christ.....they sold out in the worst possible way you can possibly sell out. Very sad, really.
I do agree. Once I found out she was the newest member, I figured she was just there for a "booty" factor, which she provides rather well I might add.
Interesting how a band can take off once you add the said factor into the equation nowadays.
Dr. DVD is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 11:10 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 33,133
Who cares - they are still better than a majority of the hip-hop acts out there.

Fergie is indeed gorgeous and, oh, so sexy.
B.A. is offline  
Old 03-09-04, 10:29 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,896
Originally posted by B.A.
Who cares - they are still better than a majority of the hip-hop acts out there.

Fergie is indeed gorgeous and, oh, so sexy.

Would anybody even know this band was still around if they didn't have Fergie shaking her booty on MTV whenever they do videos?
It seems like having a hot chick as either part of your band or in your video is becoming more of a prerequisite than talent nowadays.
Dr. DVD is offline  
Old 03-09-04, 08:14 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 8,467
I love Fergie. She is so damn fine.

The Hey Mama video is a perfect example.
conscience is offline  
Old 03-09-04, 08:17 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 8,467
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Would anybody even know this band was still around if they didn't have Fergie shaking her booty on MTV whenever they do videos?
It seems like having a hot chick as either part of your band or in your video is becoming more of a prerequisite than talent nowadays.
I think a lot of people (young girls/teenagers) got into them by their song "Where Is The Love?" with Justin Timberlake.
conscience is offline  
Old 03-09-04, 11:31 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 440
I just find something funny about the fact that she goes by Fergie when her real name is Stacy Furgeson. Knowing that she's been in Kids Inc and in that Wild Orchid group, the whole thing just comes across as kind of fake to me. Pseudo-Street if you will.

-J
jjamesc is offline  
Old 03-10-04, 12:16 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,896
Originally posted by jjamesc
I just find something funny about the fact that she goes by Fergie when her real name is Stacy Furgeson. Knowing that she's been in Kids Inc and in that Wild Orchid group, the whole thing just comes across as kind of fake to me. Pseudo-Street if you will.

-J

I wonder if she tries to talk pseudo ghetto when she does press?
Dr. DVD is offline  
Old 03-10-04, 02:22 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 33,133
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I wonder if she tries to talk pseudo ghetto when she does press?
I'm curious to know, too.
B.A. is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.