Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Did I hallucinate that Queen might be re-uniting with a new lead singer?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I heard this and that the new lead singer might be the lead singer (current or former, I don't know) of Little River Band. However, I can't find anything on the net. Has anyone else heard this or have a link to something?
Old 02-18-04, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Did I hallucinate that Queen might be re-uniting with a new lead singer?

Originally posted by Alvis
I thought I heard this and that the new lead singer might be the lead singer (current or former, I don't know) of Little River Band. However, I can't find anything on the net. Has anyone else heard this or have a link to something?
+

Yes you did hear it, but it won't amount to anything. Last year, John Farnham, who left LRB around 1985/86 and has been huge here in Australia ever since, recorded a version of We Will Rock You with two surviving Queen members.. and Brian May has said they gave some thought as to whether it could go further as Farnham has an amazing range and would be a good choice, but both camps quickly decided it was not in anyone's best interest.

from the Age newspaper here in Australia

Farnham invited to join Queen
August 2, 2003

Pop star John Farnham reportedly has been asked to join rock legends Queen.

The Daily Telegraph today reported Farnham had been offered "the gig of a lifetime" - to follow in the footsteps of the late Freddie Mercury as Queen's lead singer.

Farnham "blew away" the band after recording a new version of its classic We Will Rock You with Queen guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor in Melbourne two weeks ago, the newspaper said.

The song was recorded for release as an official 2003 Rugby World Cup theme.

"We have not heard the last of John Farnham and Queen," an industry source said, the paper reported.

Farnham's manager Glenn Wheatley had confirmed discussions between Farnham and May had taken place.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...480593522.html

and

http://usuarios.lycos.es/ecktor/engl...cion/noticias/

amongst others..do a google search for the words - Farnham join queen - and see what you get.

Terry

Last edited by redhenry; 02-18-04 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-19-04, 08:00 PM

Last I heard Robbie Williams was joining Queen..
Old 02-21-04, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by KevinSmithIsGod
Last I heard Robbie Williams was joining Queen..
Nah - same deal. He recorded We Are The Champs with them for a movie (Knight's Tale I think it was) but that was all it was . He also does We Will Rock You live but that's the end of the connection

Terry