DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   New Weezer! The Blue Album Deluxe Edition (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/343989-new-weezer-blue-album-deluxe-edition.html)

Mopower 01-28-04 10:42 PM

New Weezer! The Blue Album Deluxe Edition

Well not new but a reissue and DVD! Here is the info I got from their site. I can't wait!

Taken from the site......

"well, its been a long time coming, but from 'on high', we have a tentative release date for BOTH "Video Capture Device" (the Weezer DVD), AND The Blue Album Deluxe Edition: March 23, 2004. (Now, "tentative" means they have put them on their release schedule, and this date is subject to revision. But - if the release date is in fact changed, it won't be changed by much.)

Thats right, The DVD and the Deluxe Blue Album are coming out on the same day. As previously reported here, the DVD will have over 3 hours of videos, mini-documentaries, live footage, and behind the scenes action dating from 1991-2002, and will have optional band member commentary on many of the DVD's selections. The Deluxe Blue Album will be a 2 disc set that includes the blue album and a disc with all the b-sides and a selection of rare and very rare tracks, plus a big fat booklet with lots of stuff to read and tons of pix, many never before seen."

Here is the track listing....

Disc One - Weezer

1. My Name Is Jonas
2. No One Else
3. The World Has Turned And Left Me Here
4. Buddy Holly
5. Undone (The Sweater Song)
6. Surfwax America
7. Say It Ain't So
8. In The Garage
9. Holiday
10. Only In Dreams

Disc Two – Dusty Gems and Raw Nuggets

1. Mykel and Carli (b-side)
2. Susanne (b-side)
3. My Evaline (b-side)
4. Jamie (originally appeared on DGC rarities)
5. My Name Is Jonas (live b-side)
6. Surfwax America (live b-side)
7. Jamie (live acoustic b-side)
8. No One Else (live acoustic b-side)
9. Undone (previously unreleased kitchen tapes)
10. Paperface (previously unreleased kitchen tapes)
11. Only In Dreams (previously unreleased kitchen tapes)
12. Lullaby For Wayne (previously unreleased pre-production recording)
13. I Swear It’s True (previously unreleased pre-production recording)
14. Say It Ain’t So (original album mix)

http://www.weezer.com/news/

Andalusia 01-29-04 02:13 AM

Looking forward to the DVD, but do I really need to buy the Blue Album again? I'd be more interested in a collection that consists only of b-sides and unreleased material, 'cause god knows they sure have enough of 'em.

Troy Stiffler 01-29-04 09:22 AM

Never heard of Paperface or Lullaby for Wayne.

What does "kitchen tapes" mean? I want the live "Undone" with Soul Coughing. That is such a cool track.

Michael Corvin 01-29-04 11:02 AM

Forget all that, what the hell is 14. Say it ain't so (original album mix) mean. Wouldn't that be the EXACT same song on the first disc?

Adam Tyner 01-29-04 12:23 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Forget all that, what the hell is 14. Say it ain't so (original album mix) mean. Wouldn't that be the EXACT same song on the first disc?
Maybe it's mislabeled -- an alternate mix was tacked onto the "Say It Ain't So" single.

...barely noticeable from the lp version. the drum track was simply tweaked a little and slight vocal alterations were made to fit with the rest of the song better.
I've found other references to it on Google, but weezer.com is being enormously uncooperative. archive.org and Google caches aren't loading either.

Maybe they put the alternate mix on the album side and dumped the original album cut onto the second disc.

The Antipodean 01-30-04 05:22 PM

Cool, I actually lost my blue album a while back and keep meaning to buy it again, I'll wait for this now. :D

jay77a 01-30-04 05:53 PM

Looks like a good double dip unless they kill it with a high msrp

Julie Walker 01-30-04 07:43 PM

Now if only they would remaster Pinkerton;)