DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Cee-Lo Green IS... THE SOUL MACHINE (new album!) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/341903-cee-lo-green-soul-machine-new-album.html)

El Gray 01-18-04 09:23 AM

Cee-Lo Green IS... THE SOUL MACHINE (new album!)

So, there are finally signs of life on Cee-lo's new album. I saw a video for "I'll Be Around" Friday night, and it's listed on Amazon and DDCD.

I love "...and his Perfect Imperfections" SO much, and I'm really looking forward to this album, as well. Anyone else out there care about this?

Here's the track listing from DDCD:

1. Soul Machine
2. Passion Fruit - (featuring Pharrell)
3. Living Again
4. One, The - (featuring Jazze Pha/T.I.)
5. My Kind Of People - (featuring Jazze Pha)
6. All Day Love Affair
7. Childz Play - (featuring Ludacris)
8. Moments In Soul - (interlude)
9. Evening News - (featuring Honeymoon/Cognac The Conversation)
10. Scrap Metal - (featuring Big Rube/G-Rock)
11. Glockappella
12. When We Were Friends
13. I'll Be Around - (featuring Timbaland)
14. I Am The Music - (interlude)
15. Sometimes
16. Ego Trip - (featuring Menta Malone)
17. Beautiful Fool
18. Let's Stay Together - (featuring Pharrell)
19. Die Trying
20. For Old Times Sake... Free
21. What Don't You Do? - (outro)

www.ceelo.net claims the following:

CEE-LO GREEN...IS THE SOUL MACHINE IN STORES JANUARY 20TH!
Cee-lo's new album entitled "Cee-Lo Green...Is The Soul Machine" hit stores January 20th. The album, includes the hit single "I'll Be Around" and features Timberland on the beats and is also in the new video.

Amazon and some other sources have it listed for dates in Feb. and March, so I'm not sure WHEN it'll drop, but I'll surely be checking the stores this week!

the aftermath 01-18-04 12:26 PM

Yeh, i'm looking forward to his new album. Hopefully he doesn't switch up his style too much from his first solo album.

El Gray 01-18-04 01:41 PM

Well, it sounds like it will be somewhat different. Here's some info I found on Rap News Direct from late last year:

Helping to start a whole new phase of music from hip-hop artists, Goodie Mob member Cee-Lo is preparing fans to join the “Soul Machine”. Following his first solo album “Cee-Lo Green and his Perfect Imperfections”, Cee-Lo plans to lean away from the singing style he developed, back into the rap style he began with the Goodie Mob.

"The first album was just a mark of individualism, to assure people that there's only one Cee-Lo on the face of this earth," Cee-Lo told MTV. "I don't have a point to prove with this album. I just wanted to say, 'Yeah, I'm different, but I can play ball too.' It was more of an attack." An attack has also hit Cee-Lo musically as he moves away from the live musicians and self produced beats and enlists help from such producers as Timbaland, Jazze Pha, DJ Premier, Organized Noize and the Neptunes.

Also, it looks like this album is coming out on Feb. 3, most likely.

Ralph Wiggum 01-18-04 03:19 PM

I was a big fan of his last album as well. Can't wait to hear the new one!