DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Courtney Love's "Mono" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/340588-courtney-loves-mono.html)

Frank TJ Mackey 01-11-04 07:17 PM

Courtney Love's "Mono"

Has anyone heard Courtney Love's new song "Mono" yet?

It's on her website.

It rocks and she screams and snarls and I like it.
Call her what you want but she has made some good records.

Live Through This is one of the best records of the 90s.

Hollowgen 01-12-04 02:32 AM

listening... sounds like all that was good musically about "Celebrity Skin" with the snarling and screaming negativity of "Live Through This"... looks promising.

Frank TJ Mackey 01-12-04 09:48 AM

Originally posted by Hollowgen
listening... sounds like all that was good musically about "Celebrity Skin" with the snarling and screaming negativity of "Live Through This"... looks promising.
Yeah, Celeb Skin felt like a half-complete album. 5 or 6 tracks were great and the others were really lame.

Mr. Kite! 01-12-04 06:56 PM

Who else plays on this?

Frank TJ Mackey 01-12-04 10:41 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Kite!
Who else plays on this?
I don't know but it's not likely to be anyone from HOLE.

I know Eric Erlandson plays on Melissa Auf Der Maur's new solo record, but I doubt either of them would contribute to Courtney Love's album.

BRIAN 1972 01-14-04 12:21 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Kite!
Who else plays on this?
the question is, "who actually wrote this?"

kurt wrote most of "live through this"
bill corgan wrote most of "celebrtiy skin"

Hollowgen 01-14-04 04:11 PM

Originally posted by BRIAN 1972
the question is, "who actually wrote this?"

kurt wrote most of "live through this"
bill corgan wrote most of "celebrtiy skin"

:lol:

good point.

nodeerforamonth 01-14-04 04:26 PM

The Kurt Cobain writing most of "Live Through This" is mostly rumor. Courtney has denied it time and time again. But I do believe he did help on it.

Josh H 01-14-04 05:04 PM

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
The Kurt Cobain writing most of "Live Through This" is mostly rumor. Courtney has denied it time and time again. But I do believe he did help on it.
From the heavier than heaven autobiography it seemed as if Kurt and Courteny helped each other write a lot of songs (i.e. on the hole album and In Utero.

But I haven't read the journals (which the book was based in large part on) and the author did work with Love a lot so it could just be her BS.

TeeSeeJay 01-14-04 05:11 PM

mono is pretty cool. the main riff is pretty derivative of the "celebrity skin" riff, though. So I guess corgan wrote it. :)

Anyway, I think I'll probably pick up the disc. This is a strong single.

Frank TJ Mackey 01-15-04 08:19 PM

I really could care less who wrote it. If Kurt really did write most of "Live Through This" then she was most to perform those songs.

I'll definitely buy this album. I've always liked her music and seen her live (she was great & invited about 40 or 50 young girls on stage with her, straight out of the crowd).