DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Does Anyone Like Bone thugs-n-harmony (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/336835-does-anyone-like-bone-thugs-n-harmony.html)

89981 12-20-03 04:13 PM

Does Anyone Like

Bone thugs-n-harmony? if not can u give me your opinions as to why u dont like them.

Tarantino 12-20-03 04:35 PM

I love them. Actually I was listening to the BTNH Collection Vol. 1 at work today.

Ergyu 12-20-03 06:05 PM

I used to really like them when I was in middle school and stuff, but now when I listen to it it just sounds like such a gimmick. I still like E 1999 Eternal though. But when I listen to anything else, I just laugh and think to myself "god, how did I listen to that and keep a straight face?"

They are talented, that's for sure, but the style and content has just been way too played out.

89981 12-20-03 08:50 PM

gimmick how?

rob1805 12-21-03 12:07 PM

without a doubt eternal was there best cd after that they havent come close to making a good album like that.

it seems to me they went the positive route in there music lyrics and they lost some of the stuff that made them one of raps top groups.

but they always seem to make a kool smoke song if ya know what i mean..

so here are my top 3 ablums from bone

1.eternal
2. vol collection 1
3. vol collection 2

illennium 12-21-03 12:10 PM

My roommate just bought Eternal the other day. It's good music for getting blunted. Also, I like that they can both sing and rap. None of this Ashanti bullshit where you get someone else to sing the hook.

Tarantino 12-21-03 03:04 PM

They need to talk about things other than weed though.

davidlynchfan 12-21-03 03:21 PM

I enjoyed that duet they had with Phil Collins.The music video was quite cool as well.

Ergyu 12-21-03 03:22 PM

Originally posted by 89981
gimmick how?

That's how. What I mean is they have never evolved musically from E 1999. It's like hearing the same songs over and over again. I don't know what their sound really sounds like NOW, because I stopped listening after BNTH Resurrection, but I think I can figure it out. They were pretty groundbreaking in the early to mid nineties, but they kind of fell off the map when this new wave of Pop rap stuff started getting popular (Like Nelly and the like)

Buford T Pusser 12-21-03 11:52 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
That's their life!

I was in the basement of their "crib" a few years back taking pix of them. I could hardly breath there was so much funny smelling smoke of some sort.

They kept their bitches and hos upstairs in the room of mirrors.

Ergyu 12-22-03 03:24 AM

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
That's their life!

I was in the basement of their "crib" a few years back taking pix of them. I could hardly breath there was so much funny smelling smoke of some sort.

They kept their bitches and hos upstairs in the room of mirrors.

LOL that's RAD!

raiders757 12-22-03 05:58 AM

Re: Does Anyone Like

Bone thugs-n-harmony? if not can u give me your opinions as to why u dont like them.
Nope, I don't like em'.

Pretty simple reason why. I'm just not a fan of rap music, or anything that has to do with the hip hop culture.

I along with many other people live by the motto "You can't spell crap without rap." All kidding aside, I'm sure they are good for thier genre, but it's just not my cup of tea.

edytwinky 12-22-03 11:41 PM

I liked a lot of their older stuff when I was in high school. Of course I like rap, so that's just me. They were very talented, it's just that many mainstream people don't like rap so they're unwilling to listen to what's being said in many songs.

PixyJunket 12-24-03 09:59 AM

Bone Thugs :up:

Mr. Bill Collector. :D

MJKTool 12-24-03 02:58 PM

I loved this group when I was in high school. Very talented at speed rapping these guys are. I Eventually grew tired of these guys and rap altogether.

89981 12-24-03 07:54 PM

i got a good remix of thuggish ruggish bone if any one wants it ask me through aim.

DRG 12-24-03 09:02 PM

I still love "Thuggish Ruggish Bone". The later stuff is okay, but I like it more for nostalgic reasons nowadays.

SlangNRocks 12-25-03 04:11 AM

I have over 20 of their cds. A lot of cd singles and albums and a couple promo cds.

There is still a big market for bone thugs cds. I was surprised when a promo cd of thuggish ruggish bone sold for over $150 on ebay.

Ergyu 12-25-03 03:12 PM

Originally posted by SlangNRocks
I have over 20 of their cds. A lot of cd singles and albums and a couple promo cds.

There is still a big market for bone thugs cds. I was surprised when a promo cd of thuggish ruggish bone sold for over $150 on ebay.

Wow I didn't think anyone even listened to them anymore. I remember when Crossroads was a single and was so popular and the like. But after The Art of War, it seemed like they kind of dropped off the map.

gerrythedon 12-26-03 02:12 AM

I still like them. I have all their albums [beginning with CREEPIN' ON AH COME UP]... and will get their new one whenever it comes out.

Zachary Cohen 02-23-04 10:04 PM

DVDEmpire has a listing for a new Bone Thugs-n-Harmony DVD. It's about friggin' time.

89981 02-24-04 04:35 AM

ima get that

woofman 02-25-04 11:46 AM

Re: Does Anyone Like

I don't know the first thing about them except that whenever I hear them I want to kill myself. Seriously though, nothing personal, I'm pretty open minded musically speaking, but something about them in particular just doesn't sit well with my ears, its like pain for the brain.

saoirse 02-25-04 01:25 PM

Always loved Easy-E, but never too into Bone. Kinda sounded like they were humming with a mouth full of nuts.

Question though, who is still in prison, cause last I heard (which was quite a while ago) 2 of em were doing some hard time. Anyone know?

Ergyu 02-25-04 01:56 PM

Deeeeeeeeeeez nuts.