Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Pedro the Lion fans?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Any Pedro the Lion fans?

Old 12-14-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any Pedro the Lion fans?

Just saw them live at Messiah College in Mechanicsburg, PA last night. David Bazan did a great job, and signed stuff and talked for awhile after. Got a photo and an autographed copy of the new Christmas record. Good show!
Old 12-14-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tons of us here. I've never seen Bazan live but would like to at some point.
Old 12-14-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any news on a new album? Control was one of my favorites from last year, and I also enjoyed the Whole EP. Still need to pick up the older discs...
Old 12-14-03, 03:11 PM

I like some of the songs from Control, but some of them are depressing as hell. "Priests and Paramedics"? Jeez.
Old 12-14-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice Mac collection.

I guess I'd consider myself a big fan -- have all the albums and EPs. Saw him/them live in Montreal -- he apologized for the "Canada's not what they used to be" line. Played with Low, and it was a very good show.
Old 12-14-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Great to hear of other fans! David Bazan was really casual and honest for the crowd (the venue was pretty small, less than 1,000), and he even did a few Q&A segments in-between songs. He hinted at the new album, which would be completed in January, with a release date of maybe March...he even threw out a few possible titles (but was probably joking). It was just him and a drummer playing, by the way, but you'd never know by the big sound...most of the Control tracks were pretty close to the album versions.

Again, he was also really cool after the show, and answered more questions in between autographs and the occasional photo. All in all, it was a pretty spectactular night. By the way, he mentioned that last night's show was the last stop on the current tour (!), but there would be another one for the new album.

Stevevt: PTL and Low in the same show? I'm jealous!

Last edited by Randy Miller III; 12-14-03 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-14-03, 09:27 PM

I'm more of a Damien Jurado fan.
Old 12-15-03, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by illennium
I'm more of a Damien Jurado fan.
i like both
Old 12-15-03, 02:18 PM

saw pedro about a month after i saw damien jurado last year...damien was much better IMO, i'm a huge damien fan. But bazan played by himself at a christian college and did a lot of questions and answers and didn't back down from anything being that it was at a conservative christian school...honest dood. I really enjoyed it and like his records...

as for damien jurado, just saw him for the 2nd time (actually 3rd, because of cornerstone 2001) about a month ago with rosie thomas and saxon shore (who played b4 pedro when i saw him)....damien is so good and rosie thomas was really good as well.