Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

santana and the Calling singer song, why not on Shaman?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-03, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i looked for it after finally finding out who did the song, but couldn't find it on the new santana cd. what gives?
Old 12-03-03, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh? I have Shaman as well as Supernatural but I do not understand your question.
Old 12-03-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
C_Fletch: There's a single floating around of "Why Don't You And I" with Santana and Alex Band, the latter of whom fronts a band called The Calling. The album version has Chad Kroeger handling vocal duties, but the version with Alex Band isn't on "Shaman". I'd imagine the reasoning of the producers behind the album is that Kroeger's part of a popular band, and The Calling...? Not so much.

It is on "Totally Hits 2003", which is currently available, and "Ceremony: Remixes and Rarities", which hits stores on December 16th. AllMusic.com doesn't list any other releases.

<small>(I've never heard either version of the song, but I can be a pretty mean researcher. )</small>
Old 12-03-03, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Adam Tyner
C_Fletch: There's a single floating around of "Why Don't You And I" with Santana and Alex Band, the latter of whom fronts a band called The Calling. The album version has Chad Kroeger handling vocal duties, but the version with Alex Band isn't on "Shaman". I'd imagine the reasoning of the producers behind the album is that Kroeger's part of a popular band, and The Calling...? Not so much.

It is on "Totally Hits 2003", which is currently available, and "Ceremony: Remixes and Rarities", which hits stores on December 16th. AllMusic.com doesn't list any other releases.

<small>(I've never heard either version of the song, but I can be a pretty mean researcher. )</small>
this version has been on radio almost non stop, but just today did i figure out who did the song.
btw, the calling did that song "whereever you will go"
Old 12-03-03, 09:16 PM

Chad from Nickelback wasn't really expecting the song to be a single so when it was picked for the next single he didn't have time to shoot a video. He suggested they use they redo the vocals with the guy from the Calling and shoot a video with him.

Why this is a big deal is beyond me anyway. This is the worst song Santana has ever done.
Old 12-03-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by MFRONE
Chad from Nickelback wasn't really expecting the song to be a single so when it was picked for the next single he didn't have time to shoot a video. He suggested they use they redo the vocals with the guy from the Calling and shoot a video with him.

Why this is a big deal is beyond me anyway. This is the worst song Santana has ever done.
Um, then you need to relisten to the album. POD anyone?
Old 12-04-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MFRONE

I had heard that it was issues the label (Roadrunner?) had with Chad being featured on a single with Santana. Maybe they were worried it would send the wrong message if he were singing sweet love songs.

And I agree, the song is terrible. Marginally better with the guy from the Calling, but still mostly terrible.

Mordred
Old 12-04-03, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Luckily I found the CD for 2.99 at the local pawn shop. I thought it had it's merits - The Citizen Cope song was worth it alone - but it is not as good as Supernatural.