Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New U2 dvd out today

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New U2 dvd out today

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-03, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New U2 dvd out today

I hadn't seen anything about it so just to let everyone know a new U2 dvd is out today - Go (Live from Slane castle, Ireland). It also has DTS sound!
Beware it comes in two different packaging--normal or a cd like case.
Old 11-18-03, 11:34 AM
Banned

Yeah, and my shitty Best Buy only had the jewel case version.
Old 11-18-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also ran to Best Buy on my lunch, and they only had the jewel case version also. Even though they really *should* carry the other version, they only list one version being sold on their website.

Another Best Buy rant - I also wanted to pick up the new RHCP greatest hits cd/dvd, but they only had the single disc (cd) version. I asked an employee about the "deluxe" version and he gave me the "if it's not on the shelf, then we probably don't have it"....bah.

Back to U2 - I called up Tower Records and they have the good (non-jewel case!) version of the "Live from Slane" dvd. The guy told me that today it's on sale for $17.99, but tomorrow it's $24.99, so I reserved one and I'm picking it up after work.
Old 11-18-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked it up at lunch today (along with TTT: EE and Moby. Excellent setlist. While it's virtually the same as the Elevation Tour DVD they released last year, this one has a very different feel to it and doesn't feel redundant at all. If you like the band, this is a must-have.
Old 11-18-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Nabalab

Another Best Buy rant - I also wanted to pick up the new RHCP greatest hits cd/dvd, but they only had the single disc (cd) version. I asked an employee about the "deluxe" version and he gave me the "if it's not on the shelf, then we probably don't have it"....bah.

I don't know if your best buy does this, but the local ones here in Raleigh have tables set up at the entrance with all of the new releases. That is where I found the RHCP CD/DVD combo (mispriced at $13.99 BTW). They only had the cd in the shelf location.
Old 11-18-03, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dubya
I don't know if your best buy does this, but the local ones here in Raleigh have tables set up at the entrance with all of the new releases. That is where I found the RHCP CD/DVD combo (mispriced at $13.99 BTW). They only had the cd in the shelf location.
I actually went to another Best Buy and found the CD/DVD combo. It was $22.99, but I had a 10% off coupon (from that catalog that was mailed out a few weeks ago) - so that offset it a little. Cool deal Dubya for getting it at $13.99 !!

So at this other Best Buy that I went to (Levittown, NY), they had the U2 "deluxe" version on sale for $14.99, so I grabbed it and am going to return the other unopened one (which I paid $17.99 for) to Tower soon.

Earlier today I just wanted one - now I have two....heh.
Old 11-18-03, 10:05 PM

They had both packagings readily available at the Mt. Laurel Best Buy I went to today..picked it up along with TWO TOWERS. Now if I can just have twelve hours to watch em..
Old 11-19-03, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=Slane
Old 11-19-03, 05:05 AM

Just double-checking before I head out to pick this up tomorrow--both versions of the DVD, cd jewel case and "deluxe" version have the exact same disc. It's just the packaging that's different, right? No extra features/freebies in one and not the other? Thanks.
Old 11-19-03, 06:38 AM

Originally posted by alexa
Just double-checking before I head out to pick this up tomorrow--both versions of the DVD, cd jewel case and "deluxe" version have the exact same disc. It's just the packaging that's different, right? No extra features/freebies in one and not the other? Thanks.
Right--exact same disc.
Old 11-20-03, 04:43 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For those who want to make absotively posolutely sure they've got the right one, the UPC for the limited edition digipak is 6 02498 11969 3 and the one for the standard jewel case release is 6 02498 13514 3. I can verify there is no other difference between the two other than the size of the packaging materials, but really, who wants a goofy-lookin' jewel case next to their ELEVATION 2001 and BEST OF 1990-2000 digipak DVDs???
Old 11-20-03, 11:01 PM
Banned

I returned my jewel case version to Best Buy who had gotten the digipack the following day. That jewel case sucked.