Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Dave Matthews Band: Live @ CP

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-03, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems they've started preorders for Dave Matthews Band Live at Central Park, 9.24.2003. If you order by Nov. 14th (released the 18th), you get the following:

EXCLUSIVE BONUS LIVE CD OFFER
Preorder The Central Park Concert in the DMB store and you will receive an EXCLUSIVE SEVEN TRACK LIVE CD pulled from the soundboard tapes from DMB's 2003 summer tour.

FREE STICKER AND CONTEST WITH PREORDER
All preorders will also include a free Dave Matthews Band Central Park Concert sticker, plus everyone who preorders by November 14th will be automatically entered to win a pair of front row tickets to see Dave Matthews and Friends at the show of their choice. Click here for more details.
www.dmband.com -- there main flash has an section advertising the preorder, or you can go directly to the page here. I think I'll be doing the preorder, the Limited Edition of DM's Some Devil came with a live CD which was great. This is also the first official DMB live CD to feature the Neil Young cover "Cortez the Killer," featuring Warren Hayes. I thought this was one of the best songs of the show. They've only done it a few times live (I'd say 3-4 times according to some of the setlist sites), and they do it so well. Anyway, I'm getting it. If you like DMB, you should too.
Old 10-19-03, 12:31 PM

This was an amazing show, and I would have no problem pre-ordering it for $18.95, except for the outrageous shipping price. To get the 3-CD set on the release date, the shipping charge is $9. That's an insane amount to pay for on shipping. So I will buy it on release date at either Best Buy or Circuit City and maybe get the bonus cd from somewhere else. But I agree with Psychlowne, if you enjoy DMB even a little bit, this is a great show to get; great setlist, and most importantly, great energy.

- Shawn
Old 10-20-03, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
How long was this show? Does it really need 3 cd's?
Old 10-20-03, 05:37 PM

It does need 3 CDs, the actual show was nearly 3 hours and when you cut most of the time between songs you would have to really try and force it onto 3 discs. On the last live show they cut the bass intro to Watchtower and I'm sure this time they decided to keep the show as it is.
Old 10-21-03, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

hmm.. was thinking about doing the dvd-cd-shirt combo, but the shipping really does kill it.. wish they just had a cd-dvd combo...

waiting, for now... bonus cd is tempting though..