DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   What is the name of the Evanscence song currently getting lots of airplay? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/324494-what-name-evanscence-song-currently-getting-lots-airplay.html)

Phil L. 10-17-03 02:11 PM

What is the name of the Evanscence song currently getting lots of airplay?

Sorry for the lame ass post and question, but that's all I got.

I've heard bits & pieces this one song by them on the radio in NYC (KRock) recently, but never hear the title.

Any idea what song it most likely is??

C_Fletch 10-17-03 02:23 PM

Easy answer:
Bring Me To Life

Here's their website with more info:
http://www.Evanescence.com/

And I will add: There is NO other rock band like this one. Quite simply one of the best Rock/Ballad CDs I have heard in quuite some time. And I found it used!!! How's that for a quick response!!

Rogue588 10-17-03 02:29 PM

Yeah, this is a good album.

If you look around, you should check out their earlier stuff too.

There's also a demo version of "Bring Me To Life" that's pretty good too.

Rypro 525 10-17-03 05:59 PM

the other one is "going under"
thats the one thats getting airplay now at least.
btw, the demo version has no rapping and more of a synthesiser sound instead of a nu metal sound.

Phil L. 10-17-03 07:23 PM

Thanks guys. :up:

And yes, C_Fletch, that *was* quick. :)

I like their web site too. It's cool that you can demo their songs.

Phil L. 10-17-03 07:58 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
the other one is "going under"
thats the one thats getting airplay now at least.
btw, the demo version has no rapping and more of a synthesiser sound instead of a nu metal sound.

Actually, as it turns out Going Under was the one I was originally after.

But Bring Me To Life was the other one so it's all good. :D

Gattman 10-17-03 08:21 PM

Bring Me To Life was also used in the Daredevil movie

das Monkey 10-18-03 03:45 AM

So damn annoying. <b>Fallen</b> is a great album, and I still haven't heard another single on the radio. Is "Going Under" really starting to get airplay, because I still hear "Bring Me To Life" twice an hour here in Atlanta? Of course, Atlanta radio is complete crap so I guess that's expected.

I'll echo the <b>Rogue</b>: look around for their earlier EPs and Demos. They're not too hard to find, and they're pretty good. Keep an eye out for an acoustic version too from their DC101 performance.

das

Canis Firebrand 10-18-03 10:51 AM

I barely hear Bring me to Life anymore on the radio here.
Everytime they play Evanecence, its always Going Under now. Which is a much better song then Bring me to Life.(I can't stand that annoying white rap metal sound)

Rypro 525 10-18-03 08:18 PM

anyone know when or if the band will ever re release their self titled debut thats been long oop.

Rogue588 10-18-03 10:55 PM

for real, man.

the smart thing to do would've been to rerelease it when Fallen hit the top 10..

perhaps Bigwig is givin' em problems..? hell, i'm surprised Bigwig didn't take advantage of it [if they own the recording..]

POWERBOMB 10-18-03 11:51 PM

Around here, if any Evanscence gets played at all, it's still Bring Me To Life.

ike0000 10-19-03 10:57 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=43656

Wow.

Dr. Phibes 10-19-03 12:03 PM

$200 for a 7 song cd seems a bit steep, doesn't it. There's a site I found that has good quality versions of all their older songs and demos and what not. Don't know if I'm allowed to post a link or not though.

Rypro 525 10-19-03 05:07 PM

hopefully since its only 7 songs, we'll get demos and live versions of songs from fallen as well.

The Cow 10-19-03 10:26 PM

They also have an 11 song CD (from 2000) called Origin (it's on eBay) that was limited to 2500 copies if you can find that. Has another version of "Whisper" that is pretty cool.

It's pretty good stuff IMO...

(It "might" be around in newsgroups if you happen to know where to look... -wink- )

C_Fletch 10-20-03 02:13 PM

"$200 for a 7 song cd seems a bit steep, doesn't it."

You thinks that's bad it closed at $320.50!!! WOW!!!........*ponders*....did I see that at the pawn shop???

Rypro 525 11-10-03 07:08 PM

just as a reminder, the next radio single is "my Imortal" the djs at dc101 said it was wierd hearing it with 2 guys in a studio, when this is a hard rock station. (its the piano ballad in daredevil) so probably, lots of the top 40 stations are gonna play it as well.

Rogue588 11-10-03 07:22 PM

actually, the new version has drums & guitars during the final chorus...

perhaps the DJs at DC101 have personal issues they should address..

custom001 11-11-03 06:36 AM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
just as a reminder, the next radio single is "my Imortal" the djs at dc101 said it was wierd hearing it with 2 guys in a studio, when this is a hard rock station. (its the piano ballad in daredevil) so probably, lots of the top 40 stations are gonna play it as well.
Video for "My Immortal" is also definitely worth watching! :)
(it is up at their website)

Stoney 11-11-03 08:22 AM

actually, the new version has drums & guitars during the final chorus...
Yah, it's the same as the version they play live.

Rypro 525 11-11-03 10:42 AM

guess they played the album cut since i didn't hear the new part. And also they mentioned that for that song, they won't miss the guitar player at all.