Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

David Foster is a Musical Genius

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-04-03, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This man is Miatus, "everything in the music industry he touches it turns to gold(or in his case Platinum)". I just heard two new tracks he produced for Josh Groban's new album "Closer", and I am blown away.....UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

You Raise Me Up and Oceana, which are both just amazing tracks. David Foster is flat out the best producer in the industry!!!!
Old 10-05-03, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts
Just got back from the Andre Agassi Benefit concert. He was the musical director and put on a hell of a show. Sheryl Crow, Sarah MacLaughlin, Billy Joel Elton John (it was largely a tribute to Elton). Full orchestra backing them up. The show was great, and he did a decent job filling in for Billy Joel's piano since he just broke his hand. But the biggest highlight : a Tears For Fears Reunion. His orchestration of Sewing The Seeds Of Love was amazing; blowing the original version out of the water. Before tonight I probably would have disagreed with you, but I'm impressed now.

BTW : Josh Groban was in the audience, but didn't perform
Old 10-05-03, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK ... Midas ... Sowing

As for Foster, he scored The Secret of My Success, and that's good enough for me.

das
Old 10-05-03, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

David Foster? The man behind syrup like Chicago ballads and Toto? I'll admit I don't know everything about this guy, but from what I knew about his production in the 80's it was a bit on the scary side.
Old 10-05-03, 09:34 AM
Banned

OMG......you don't David Foster then

This man has produced "The Prayer", all of Josh Groban'sf irst album, he is so versatile that he has produced Rock bands, R@B groups, Classical Vocalists, and does it all too well.
There is link I'll try and find for two of those songs I heard and went....."He did it again"!!!!!ter can just tap in, like no other producer and ge the best out of his artist. Which is why he commands a $1,000,000 signing bonus before he'll even sign on to work on any albums, and he also asks that a certain number of his songs he produces be on the album(which is fine because they usually are the best ones on the record). Artists who have worked with this man, have gotten their careers back on track, or have hit "stratosphere levels". David Foster.....if your producing an album, he's the man you want in battle with you.