Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band Greatest Hits 2 - Nov. 4th!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Do you plan on getting this?
55.56%
44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band Greatest Hits 2 - Nov. 4th!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This collection boasts Seger's only No. 1 hit on Billboard's Hot 100 "Shakedown". Track list:
01. Understanding (From Teachers soundtrack)
02. The Fire Down Below
03. Her Strut
04. Beautiful Loser
05. Sunspot Baby
06. Katmandu
07. Shame On The Moon
08. Fire Lake
09. Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
10. Shakedown (From Beverly Hills Cop II soundtrack)
11. Manhattan
12. New Coat of Paint
13. Chances Are (Duet with Martina McBride, From Hope Floats soundtrack)
14. Rock and Roll Never Forgets
15. Satisfied (previously unreleased)
16. Tommorow (previously unreleased)

Although none of the songs Seger's first "Greatest Hits" are repeated on the new compilation, the enhanced disc will include a music video for one that did: Turn the Page. So this looks to be a good set with 5 songs not on any Bob Seger CD.

2 Greatest Hits CDs and still missing: Ramblin' Gamblin' Man, Feel Like a Number, American Storm, Real Love, & Even Now to name a few. I have about all his but I still try to buy every CD by certain artists.

Last edited by bigjim25; 10-17-03 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-03-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just made my own compliation with most of the first CD and then downloaded what looks like about 5 or 6 songs from the second one.
Old 10-17-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Capitol Records press release - Bob Seger Stops the Presses and Adds Two New Unreleased Tracks to Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band's Greatest Hits 2

October 2003 (Newstream) -- The pre-holiday hustle and bustle at the Capitol Tower increased ever so slightly this past week as rock and roll legend Bob Seger put the brakes on his upcoming Greatest Hits 2 CD only three weeks before its scheduled release date of November 4th.

"The fans have waited a long time for this record and I appreciate that," said Seger. "It didn't seem right to put it out without something new."

The new CD now features two previously unreleased songs, "Satisfied" and "Tomorrow," which Seger had been working on for an upcoming studio album, along with 14 digitally remastered classics.

The enhanced CD will be Seger's first to offer a bonus music video, featuring the classic "Turn The Page." (A second music video that was previously announced had to be removed in order to fit the two new songs.) The change is so close to the date of release that only portions of the packaging could be changed in time for the initial pressing to reflect the new songs that Seger has added to the CD.

The new collection is Seger's 19th album in an amazing career spanning over 38 years, which includes such classics as "Her Strut," "Sunspot Baby," "Shame On The Moon," "Beautiful Loser" and "Shakedown."

Seger's first Greatest Hits album, released in 1994, has sold over 6 million copies and has remained a Top 10 catalog seller for seven consecutive years.

Remarkably, the new CD is only the second collection of Bob Seger classics offered throughout his career. Unlike many hits collections released in recent years, none of the 16 songs on Greatest Hits 2 appeared on his first Greatest Hits.
Old 10-22-03, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I will definitely pick it up. At least he includes some of the bigger songs that were omitted the first time around.