DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Ultimate Judas Priest DVD coming Nov 17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/319507-ultimate-judas-priest-dvd-coming-nov-17-a.html)

cactusoly 09-23-03 10:14 AM

Ultimate Judas Priest DVD coming Nov 17

From the official Judas Priest Website

http://www.judaspriest.com/news/

ELECTRIC EYE/JUDAS PRIEST

First Priest product to be released since the reunion with Rob Halford was announced

* Features all the key promo videos, the 1986 Dallas concert and 7 rare BBC performances, plus a booklet with detailed notes and photos.

*Most of this material has not even been available on VHS for many years - now back on DVD by huge public demand

Release Date: 17th November 2003

Videos:
Living After Midnight
Breaking The Law
Don't Go
Heading Out To The Highway
Hot Rockin'
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Freewheel Burning
Love Bites
Locked In
Turbo Lover
Johnny B Goode
Painkiller
A Touch of Evil

PRIEST......LIVE!
Filmed in Dallas, Texas during the 1986 'Fuel For Life' Tour:

Out In The Cold
Locked In
Heading Out To The Highway
Breaking The Law
Love Bites
Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
Sentinel
Private Property
Desert Plains
Rock You All Around The World
Hellion/Electric Eye
Turbo Lover
Freewheel Burning
Green Manalishi (with the two-pronged crown)
Parental Guidance
Living After Midnight
Another Thing Comin'
Hell Bent For Leather
Metal Gods

BBC Television Performances:

Rocka Rolla Old Grey Whistle Test 25/4/75
Dreamer Deciever Old Grey Whistle Test 25/4/75
Freewheel Burning Old Grey Whistle Test 20/01/84
Take On The World Top Of The Pops 25/01/79
Evening Star Top Of The Pops 17/5/79
Living After Midnight Top Of The Pops 27/3/80
United Top Of the Pops 28/8/80

Great news for any Priest fan, although I am a little dissapoined that the completely ignored the two videos with Ripper Owens.

I think it would have been cool to include the Ripper Videos plus the Rob Halford videos from his various projects.

Damage 09-23-03 03:37 PM

Those BBC performances alone are sweet enough... thanks for the info!

Jason 09-23-03 04:59 PM

:drool:

I've been wanting that Priest...Live video for ages.

jk4w 09-23-03 09:13 PM

Dreams do come true !

Wallet Boy 12-16-03 09:41 AM

Anyone pick this up yet? How is it?

cactusoly 12-16-03 06:11 PM

The Release was delayed (Dec 2) I'm still waiting for my DDD preorder (only $8.95), though it has been shipped.

johnbook 12-19-03 12:17 AM

If you are a Judas Priest fan i highly recommend picking this up i received it last week from amazon and it kicks some major a$$, i love having the classic 80's priest videos, that alone was good enough for myself to pick it up, the live concert from the Turbo tour "Priest Live" is just awesome, and the BBC TV clips are definately an added bonus, only thing missing that i wish it had was some recent commentary by Rob kk & Glenn kinda like the new Motley Crue dvd has with Nikki & Tommy, but oh well still very highly recommended...

SmackDaddy 12-19-03 08:44 AM

Wow, I saw them during the '86 tour here in Houston. Good times....good times....I stil have my concert shirt. Aaah...old school "jersey" concert shirts...those were the days :D

anglagard 12-22-03 04:05 PM

Anyone know what happened to the "Freewheel Burning" clip from the Whistle Test? Was it just left off, or is it an easter egg?

cactusoly 12-22-03 10:30 PM

Originally posted by anglagard
Anyone know what happened to the "Freewheel Burning" clip from the Whistle Test? Was it just left off, or is it an easter egg?
I just checked the official Priest site and it does not list Freewheel Burning anymore.

Geofferson 12-23-03 11:21 AM

This DVD sounds awesome - I must pick it up!

raiders757 12-26-03 01:57 PM

I do think this is a great DVD, but it's not without faults that's for sure. Mine has a slight pause which I'm asuming is a layer change during the "Sentinal". Putting a layer change in the middle (in this case twords the front) of a song is unacceptable. I also do not like like the way the live show is presented. It has been stepped on in the studio way to much, and the cut & paste shots added into the film are not needed. I just feel it is to slick of a production, and does not give the true effect of what attending a real Judas Priest show was like. It needed to be more raw like the badly needed to be released show from the "Screaming For Vengence" tour.

It is a great DVD though, for the price. A must have for any Priest fan, and a great addition to my collection.

Punishark 01-09-04 12:19 PM

Is anyone else have a problem with the sound of the live show? Mine seems to keep "dropping out" - going to mono or something. Very distracting.