DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Quiet Riot calls it quits, for those who care (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/319205-quiet-riot-calls-quits-those-who-care.html)

JestersTear 09-21-03 01:49 PM

Quiet Riot calls it quits, for those who care

A couple nights ago Quiet Riot was supposed to play the Machine Shop here in Flint, Michigan. Our local radio station, Banana 101.5, reported that the show was cancelled because lead singer Kevin DuBrow no-showed, something he has done at a lot of shows according to band members. 101.5 interviewed the rest of the band, and they said this was the last straw, and the band was done.

Melodic Rock.com has finally picked up on this, and they're waiting for confirmation from various band members that they keep in touch with.

No major loss, to be honest. My brother's band opened for them in Detroit about 6 years ago, and outdrew Quiet Riot by about 75%. I've never seen that happen with a local act opening for a national act.

Rogue588 09-21-03 02:17 PM

:lol:

I don't care, but he always seemed like a diva everytime I saw a QR interview back in the day..

Now I bet he's hoping he can get his dishwashing job back at Denny's...

JestersTear 09-21-03 03:17 PM

I still love how the band dumped him the first time he started acting up. They turned off his alarm clock and left the hotel without him.

The guitarists, Sarzo and Cavazo, are pretty good. I hope they can move on to something better. DuBrow's voice sucked live, though.

Brain Stew 09-21-03 03:30 PM

Re: Quiet Riot calls it quits, for those who care

Originally posted by JestersTear
...For Those Who Care...
rotfl

POWERBOMB 09-21-03 04:10 PM

Dammit! They were suppossed to preform at Mickey Gilley's club in Dallas.

Mutley Hyde 09-21-03 06:35 PM

I'm crushed. :(

At least I got to see them back on the Metal Health tour. :lol:

costanza187 09-21-03 06:35 PM

BANG YOUR HEAD!

Groucho 09-21-03 06:39 PM

I thought they broke up some 20 years ago.

das Monkey 09-21-03 06:40 PM

and I never even got to feel the noise! :(

das

Mutley Hyde 09-21-03 07:01 PM

That's 'noize'... Sheesh, loser. -rolleyes- :p ;)

das Monkey 09-21-03 07:06 PM

Dammit!!! I've been listening for noise all these years!!! Why, God, WHY?!?!?!

das

jk4w 09-21-03 07:42 PM

Oh, No !
Now Kevin will never get to move out of his Mom's basement.

woofman 09-21-03 08:23 PM

How's he gonna pay for that weave?

B5Erik 09-22-03 12:10 AM

You know, I really like Metal Health and Condition Critical, and the "reunion" era albums Terrified and Down To The Bone were both pretty darned good.

They can always say that they were the first Heavy Metal band to have a #1 album.

It was defninitely an uneven career, but they had their moments.

jk4w 09-22-03 09:41 AM

Was Rudy Sarzo in the current line up ?
Although I was never a real big fan of QR , I thought Sarzo was bad as hell.
Check him out on Ozzy's Speak Of The Devil record & you will hear some really good bass playing.

B5Erik 09-22-03 10:06 AM

Rudy Sarzo was in the current QR line-up. The Metal Health line-up got back together about 5 years ago.

cactusoly 09-22-03 10:35 AM

I saw QR in a small club a few months ago and they kicked major @$$. They played like there were 10,000 people in the place. Don't diss them. They still kick the hell of of 90% of the garbage that is out there.

JestersTear 09-22-03 02:59 PM

Originally posted by jk4w
Was Rudy Sarzo in the current line up ?
Although I was never a real big fan of QR , I thought Sarzo was bad as hell.
Check him out on Ozzy's Speak Of The Devil record & you will hear some really good bass playing.

They were advertising this tour as the "original lineup," but of course that was wrong, as I don't think they found a way to bring Randy Rhodes back to life.

So yeah, this was the best known lineup of Banalli, Sarzo, Cavazo and DuBrow.

Giantrobo 09-22-03 08:44 PM

Diva fricking lead singers -ohbfrank-

Eddie Vedder
Axle Rose
Kevin Dubrow

The irony is being a Diva is what makes great flamboyant lead singers but it's also the thing most likely to make them pricks. It's also the thing most likely to get them fired.

GuessWho 09-22-03 10:33 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
and I never even got to feel the noise! :(
get the spelling right:

cum on feel the noize

GuessWho 09-22-03 10:34 PM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Axle Rose
Axl

El Scorcho 09-22-03 10:48 PM

Cum on feel the void :(

Giantrobo 09-22-03 11:12 PM

Originally posted by GuessWho
Axl

like I care....

JestersTear 09-22-03 11:17 PM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
like I care....
People can spell it however they want, he's still a whiny assclown that is bent on self-destruction.

Giantrobo 09-23-03 06:29 AM

Originally posted by JestersTear
People can spell it however they want, he's still a whiny assclown that is bent on self-destruction.

you read my mind :)

danol 09-23-03 11:02 PM

Everybody changed the lyrics and sang

"Cum on feel the noize girls F*** your boys, we'll get wild wild wild, wild wild wild. So you think you got a evil mind, I'll tell you honey I don't know why, I don't know why. So you think my singing is out of time, well it makes me money........"~Quiet Riot. I have the CD on their "Greatest Hits" CD album, this has a lot more words than the "Monster Mash which I have typed and in my mail box. Wild songs, great guitars like Def Leppard.:)

P.S. While I was typing this I had Quiet Riot "Greatest Hits' on listening to my Dolby Surround in PQ Denon AHD-750 PQ Headphones, plus my Ratshack Stereo Reverb!

Mutley Hyde 09-23-03 11:16 PM

Re: Everybody changed the lyrics and sang

Originally posted by danol
I have the CD album this has a lot more words than the "Monster Mash which I have typed and in my mail box. Wild song great guitars like Def Leppard.:)
Screw Quiet Riot y'all, Danol abstract haiku-esque poetry is where it's at, yo.

-snap- -snap- -snap- yeah :p

danol 09-23-03 11:22 PM

Mutley Hyde

You didn't see the girls saying the full F... word right at you, then looking down at your 'johnson' smiling with bedroom eyes. :cool:

Mutley Hyde 09-24-03 11:05 AM

Huh? I think you misunderstand... I'm paying you a compliment; that your posting is like poetry, rivaling anything QR has ever done. But I must agree, the girls doing that, and they do that for me all the time (yeah right :lol: ), is quite nice.

danol 09-24-03 05:15 PM

Mutley Hyde

I started it by changing 'Rock' your boys to 'F***' your boys and the gals all liked it and sang it that way. :cool:

Mutley Hyde 09-24-03 06:59 PM

Um, I'm sorry danol buddy, but you did not start that. :lol:
In concert, QR used F***. :)

wm lopez 09-25-03 02:59 AM

AC/DC BLACK IN BLACK was the 1st album to go no. 1 that was metal, I think?

cactusoly 09-25-03 07:38 PM

Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies #1 in 1973 ... but is it considered Metal or not ... you decide.

B5Erik 09-26-03 02:19 AM

Actually, Back In Black peaked at #4 on the Billboard top albums chart. (It hit #1 in the UK, but not in the US.)

As for Alice Cooper, I don't think anyone in the band considered themselves to be a "Heavy Metal" band even back in 1973. I've got to say, though, that Billion Dollar Babies was pertty heavy for that time!

You could say then that Quiet Riot was the first self-proclaimed Heavy Metal band to have a #1 album in the US.