DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   anybody else hear about a stp greatest hits cd in novmeber? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/318816-anybody-else-hear-about-stp-greatest-hits-cd-novmeber.html)

Rypro 525 09-19-03 09:02 AM

anybody else hear about a stp greatest hits cd in novmeber?

read about this in the new rolling stone. Its said there will be at least one new song, most of their greastest hits, the led zeppelin cover (dancing days) and the beatles cover (revolution)

Brain Stew 09-19-03 10:21 AM

It's going to be called, "Thank You". The unreleased song is "All In the Suit That You Wear." It will also include the acoustic version of "Plush" from Headbanger's Ball. The CD comes out November 11th.

I will probably buy it, even though I have all their albums.

Here's the tenative tracklist:
01 Vasoline
02 Down
03 Wicked Garden
04 Big Empty
05 Plush
06 Big Bang Baby
07 Creep
08 Lady Picture Show
09 Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
10 Interstate Love Song
11 All In The Suit That You Wear (NEW TRACK)
12 Sex Type Thing
13 Days Of The Week
14 Sour Girl
15 Plush (Acoustic)

sinister 09-19-03 09:17 PM

it will also be sold with a dvd with all their music videos and close to two hours of live performances.

GuessWho 09-19-03 11:28 PM

from stonetemplepilots.com.... more specific details about the dvd

We have an update on the DVD too. The DVD will feature two hours and forty minutes of live performances, bootlegs, music videos and photos. There is a special live version of Sex Type Thing, featuring footage of the song from more than 10 years of performances.

dolphinboy 09-20-03 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Brain Stew
It's going to be called, "Thank You". The unreleased song is "All In the Suit That You Wear." It will also include the acoustic version of "Plush" from Headbanger's Ball. The CD comes out November 11th.

I will probably buy it, even though I have all their albums.

Here's the tenative tracklist:
01 Vasoline
02 Down
03 Wicked Garden
04 Big Empty
05 Plush
06 Big Bang Baby
07 Creep
08 Lady Picture Show
09 Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
10 Interstate Love Song
11 All In The Suit That You Wear (NEW TRACK)
12 Sex Type Thing
13 Days Of The Week
14 Sour Girl
15 Plush (Acoustic)

Where's Dead and Bloated and Crackerman?

They did a much better job than REM did (I didn't think Trippin' would be on this), granted REM had a lot more to choose from.

auto 09-21-03 05:55 PM

Where is revolution and dancing days? These would be great additions and make the album more attractive to those of us who have all the albums

Brain Stew 09-21-03 06:46 PM

Originally posted by bigbadpanda
Where is revolution and dancing days? These would be great additions and make the album more attractive to those of us who have all the albums
Well, they do make the point of saying tenative tracklist...

Other than those two omissions, I would say that it's a great primer for those who don't have any of their albums. It's pretty much all of their singles.

As it stands now, I will begrudgingly buy the album. Acoustic Plush is just that good.

sinister 09-21-03 08:06 PM

hopefully it's the radio version of creep and not the album version.

auto 09-23-03 03:10 PM

Originally posted by sinister
hopefully it's the radio version of creep and not the album version.
What was the difference?