Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Limp Bizkit - Results May Vary - Reviews and Discussion.

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-18-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just acquired this album and I have to say that this has to be one of the worst cd's I have ever listened too. Their first album is really good. Significant Other was also pretty good, but then Chocolate Starfish came out and I started to believe that their run was over. With "Results May Vary" it is.

Fred's lyrical contributions are excruciatingly bad. He says "baby" like a thousand times in one song and hundreds more over the course of the album. John Entwistle and Keith Moon are turning over in their graves now that the Bizkit has re-recorded "Behind Blue Eyes". The only sort of good album cut is the new single "Eat You Alive" and even that song isn't anything special. "Eat You Alive", which features the line "Sniffin' on them panties", isn't destined to be a classic.

"Almost Over" is a repetive piece of crap. "Took a lot of crap as a little boy, always had to fight back as a little boy, always got bad grades as a little boy etc......."

Fred "tries" to emote too much on this album when he should just rock out.

I don't know if the results may vary too much on this release, it'll all be bad.
Old 09-19-03, 12:00 AM

No offense man but why would you waste your money buying such a vile piece of crap?. If you want to listen to a solid album from beginning to end with great lyrics and depth I would suggest you buy A Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step". I can guarantee you this album is a million times better.
Old 09-19-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh. I heard some tracks on the radio and most of them sounded like attempts at being Staind.

Freddy needs to give it up and shove some scissors in his aorta.
Old 09-19-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Capo2002
No offense man but why would you waste your money buying such a vile piece of crap?. If you want to listen to a solid album from beginning to end with great lyrics and depth I would suggest you buy A Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step". I can guarantee you this album is a million times better.
I never said I bought it. I thought I would give it the courtesy of a listen. It didn't deserve that courtesy.

However, I did buy "The Thirteenth Step" and I couldn't agree with you more. "Noose" is one of the best songs I have ever heard.
Old 09-19-03, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
wow.

I thought it would be simplistic and a to come in here and say "it STINKS"...

glad we're all in agreeance..
Old 09-19-03, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cant wait for the new CD, i dig their music!
Old 09-19-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

uhhh... isn't it limpbizkit???

Old 09-19-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well... I've been a fan of the bizkit for a while, so take that into account.

The album isn't bad. It certainly is no SIGNIFICANT OTHER though. I'd say only about 1/3 of the songs are any good... and some of them are absolutely terrible. They definately miss Wes on this album. I am liking the single "eat you alive" though and if I can get the album cheap enough will probably pick it up just for the bonus dvd, but overall it's a pretty big disappointment.

Anyone looking for a solid rock album this tuesday would do good to pick up the new Nickelback album...or like mentioned, the APC album...I think "PET" is one of the best songs ever.

MATT
Old 09-19-03, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I enjoyed Significant Other, but I despised Chocolate Starfish, and what I've heard of Results has been awful. Wes Borland may have made an excellent career choice bailing when he did. He saw what Durst was doing with the band and what would happen. I look forward to what's next from Wes, but I couldn't care less about Fred anymore. I agree with Matt above when he says that if you need your fill of rock this week you would be much better off with the APC album.
Old 09-19-03, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There is plenty of white trash out there I'm sure this album will be a best seller in no time.
Old 09-19-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Mopower
There is plenty of white trash out there I'm sure this album will be a best seller in no time.

hey, if you want another good rock release, pick up the new David Bowie cd. pretty enjoyable.
Old 09-19-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like Chocolate Starfish and the single is good. I wish Fred wouldn't try to rap or do tha crying, whining voice. His voice is comical at times. But I'll give the album a listen and judge for myself.
Old 09-19-03, 02:24 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Capo2002
If you want to listen to a solid album from beginning to end with great lyrics and depth I would suggest you buy A Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step". I can guarantee you this album is a million times better.
Hey, everyone's entitled to their opinions. I just gave a quick listen to the new APC, so I'd have to give a few more listens before forming a solid opinion. But I'm not sure if I'll bother, because it just did nothing for me. But I'm not going to go trashing it in a thread dedicated to it.

I'm willing to give the new Limp Bizkit a chance. I saw their new video a couple of times, thought the song wasn't bad. This isn't an album I'd blindly buy, but I'll probably listen to it between now and Tuesday and see if it's worth buying to me.
Old 09-19-03, 02:31 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by AndyCapps
But I'm not going to go trashing it in a thread dedicated to it.
Hell the originator of this thread trashed it. So maybe this is a "trash limp bisquit" thread?

I dont know there are just some music acts that seem to be "ok" to trash & limp cheeze is on the top of that list.
Old 09-19-03, 02:36 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by MJKTool
Hell the originator of this thread trashed it. So maybe this is a "trash limp bisquit" thread?
Giving an honest review of it(after listening to it) is one thing. Simply trashing it because it's Limp Bizkit is another. I opened this thread hoping for more of the first, but probably should have expected mostly the second.
Old 09-19-03, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Giving an honest review of it(after listening to it) is one thing. Simply trashing it because it's Limp Bizkit is another. I opened this thread hoping for more of the first, but probably should have expected mostly the second.
Get used to it. The band is an industry joke at every level. Saying you are a fan is and admission that you have a serious lack of understanding of what decent music is.
Old 09-19-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Limp Bizkit - Results May Vary - Reviews and Discussion.

Originally posted by Pillowhead
"Eat You Alive", which features the line "Sniffin' on them panties", isn't destined to be a classic.

I would agree if a song featuring the line "I did it all for the nookie" hadn't already been a hit
Old 09-19-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/li...ry/index.jhtml
Old 09-19-03, 06:10 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, how high Was Snoop Dogg when he agreed to do Red Light Green Light? I'm listening to the album now. Still like Eat You Alive allright. Stuff like Almost Over I could take or leave. Album's not a complete piece of shit, but I'll probably save my $9.99.

I enjoyed Three Dollar Bill Y'all and Significant Other. After that I guess the novelty wore off.
Old 09-19-03, 07:40 PM

It has been very in vogue to be a limp bizkit hater ever since they hit it big, but I have always been a closet fan of theirs. Saw them open for Korn once a while back, and again this past summer with Metallica, and they blew me away both times. Great live band IMO. And I dug their Who cover live. I will most likely part with my 9.99 this tuesday.

What's on the bonus DVD?
Old 09-19-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Snoop Dogg on this album is a travesty. He also holds the only good 30 seconds on the album.

I heard it, and it's a piece of trash. Not like I'd buy it in a million years anyway.

The fact that there is Outkast, Dave and Obie to buy on this day, it gives people even more reason not to waste money on Fred Durst. Everyone hates him anyways, right?
Old 09-19-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I listened to it and gave it my honest review. I didn't set out to make it a "trash limpbizkit" thread. It was one of the hardest cds to get through, and when I did I offered up my opinion.
Old 09-20-03, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How is the song that was done with Page Hamilton? Hell, did it even make the album?
Old 09-20-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hear the Baby song on the radio with Snoop and it was pretty bad. I am curious how this will sell.
Old 09-20-03, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LIMP BIZKIT SUCKS...TAPROOT RULES

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest...

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.