Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

How many Kulick produced tributes are out there?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob Kulick has produced a lot of great tribute CD's, but it's hard to track them all because they're done on different labels. It seems the common one is Dead Line, but I've seen them on other labels as well.

Here's the ones I know of so far:

Not the Same Old Song & Dance - A Tribute to Aerosmith (superb cover of "Dream On" by Ronnie James Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Stu Hamm)

Humanary Stew - A Tribute to Alice Cooper

Bat Head Soup - A Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne

Metallic Assault - A Tribute to Metallica

I know that there's a Van Halen one out there, and also a second Aerosmith CD that hasn't made it to the state yet. I'm sure he has a lot mroe, though.

And please, I'm not looking for the electronica series like "Appetite For Reconstruction - A Tribute to Guns & Roses" or "Hot for Remixes - A Tribute to Van Halen." Those are not done by Bruce Kulick, and are of inferior quality, IMHO.
Old 09-18-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He's done a ton. The not so official list from allmusic.com:

Various Artists Dragon Attack: A Tribute to Queen (1997) Guitar, Guitar (Rhythm)
Various Artists Thunderbolt: A Tribute to AC/DC (1998) Guitar
Various Artists Humanary Stew?: A Tribute to Alice Cooper (1999) Guitar (Acoustic), Guitar (Rhythm), Producer, Mixing
Various Artists Not the Same Old Song & Dance: Tribute to Aerosmith (1999) Guitar, Producer, Performer
Various Artists Tribute to Prince: Party O' the Times (1999) Guitar, Producer
Various Artists Hot for Remixes: A Tribute to Van Halen (1999) Guitar, Vocals, Producer, Performer
Various Artists Tie Your Mix Down: Tribute to Queen (2000) Guitar
Various Artists Remixed to Hell: AC/DC Tribute (2000) Performer
Various Artists Bat Head Soup: A Tribute to Ozzy (2000) Guitar, Producer, Mixing
Various Artists Little Guitars: A Tribute to Van Halen (2000) Producer, Mixing
Various Artists Metallic Assault: A Tribute to Metallica (2001) Guitar, Producer, Mixing
Various Artists Twisted Forever (2001) Producer
Various Artists Stone Cold Queen: A Tribute to Queen (2001) Guitar, Producer, Mixing
Various Artists Stone Cold Crazy: A Tribute to Queen (2001) Guitar, Producer, Mixing
Various Artists One Way Street: A Tribute to Aerosmith (2002) Guitar, Producer, Mixing
Various Artists Songs of Pink Floyd (2002) Guitar, Guitar (Rhythm), Producer
Various Artists Pigs and Pyramids: An Allstar tribute to Pink Floyd (2002) Guitar, Guitar (Rhythm), Producer
Old 09-19-03, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.... now the next fun part will be finding out who is performing on the albums, since I know his earliest ones weren't the star-studded releases that the Cooper, Ozzy and Aerosmith tributes are.

Thanks for the list!