Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Stripped ‘Let It Be’ to be released

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.msnbc.com/news/968436.asp?0na=x2214062-

Production effects removed from Beatles’ 1969 recording

LONDON, Sept. 18 — More than 30 years after they broke up, The Beatles are to go back to basics with a stripped down version of their classic “Let It Be” album.

“IT’S ALL EXACTLY as it was in the room. You’re right there now,” Paul McCartney said on Thursday of the album “Let It Be ... Naked.”
After Abbey Road Studios put their 21st century digital technology to work on the original 1969 album, McCartney said of the no-frills result: “This is the noise we made in the studio.”
Ringo Starr, the only other surviving member of the world’s most famous pop group, was equally re-assured by the new-look album.
“When I first heard it, it was really uplifting,” the drummer said. “It took you back again to the times when we were this band, the Beatle band.”
A statement from management company Apple Corps said the album will be released worldwide on November 17.
It said the group had originally set out to make the 1969 album with no studio effects and no over-dubbing of voices and instruments.
But the album was caught up in the turmoil of the band’s break-up. It was re-produced by Phil Spector and never released as the Beatles had originally intended.
The track listing for the new album differs from the original with “Dig It” and Maggie Mae” taken out and replaced by “Don’t Let Me Down.”

BONUS DISK
Diehard Beatle fans with an inexhaustible appetite for nostalgic trivia will also be treated to a 20-minute bonus disc of the Beatles at work in rehearsal and in the studios.
As their fame soared, the band stopped playing live and became more involved in elaborately produced albums that changed the face of pop.
But John Lennon, killed by a crazed fan outside his New York apartment building in 1980, always argued: “In spite of all things, The Beatles could really play music together.”
After three decades, Beatlemania shows no signs of fading, with their compilation album of number one hits selling 24 million copies worldwide.
BBC viewers will be taken down memory lane on Saturday with the televising of lost footage that shows Lennon clowning around with his wife Yoko Ono and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.
The film was discovered in the archives of the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation (ORF) by a team making a documentary about Lennon.
The footage was part of a project that Austrian film-maker Hans Preiner had been working on during the 1960s .

Chris
Old 09-18-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nov. 17 cannot come soon enough!!
Old 09-18-03, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow--I've always wondered what the original studio tracks sounded like, now I guess I'll get my chance. This should be an amazing release, to say the least.
Old 09-18-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts
I'm not really a Beatles fan, but I'm interested in hearing this one. This could be VERY cool...
Old 09-18-03, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice.