Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Muse 'Absolution'/Starsailor 'Silence is Easy': US release?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-03, 10:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Been putting off buying the Starsailor album which I have been reading has been getting rave reviews, but with next week's release of the new Muse album (with bonus DVD woohoo!) coming out Monday in the UK, the temptation is too intense to not get these imports - question: has there been any announcements if and when an official US release is expected (if at all)?
Old 09-16-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been waiting for the new starsailor as well...It IS getting a release date, but it doesn't appear until early 2004, Giles, so it looks as though I will be importing it eventually (look what Capital did with the last Warhols cd ie constant delays and changing dates). I try to stay away from nme these days because they laud each new album 'brilliant.' I heard some tunes and thought it sound like the first, which isn't bad, but they are a tad bland sometimes .
Old 09-16-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CD-WOW has these titles up for order - $13.95 + Free Shipping for all orders. But the trouble is, the Muse DVD is probably Region 2, which is most likely no good to those of us in the US. Still, it's only $13.95 for the CD alone, no DVD.

STARSAILOR - Silence Is Easy
Price: $13.95

http://www4.cd-wow.net/detail_result...duct_code=6260

MUSE - Absolution (Limited Edition CD + DVD)
Price: $19.99 Release/Despatch Date: Monday 22 Sep

http://www4.cd-wow.net/detail_result...duct_code=6603

TRAVIS - 12 Memories
Price: $13.95 Release/Despatch Date: Monday 13 Oct

http://www4.cd-wow.net/detail_result...duct_code=7159
Old 09-16-03, 02:12 PM

Question re: CD-WOW, I did order the disc from them and there is box that one can change the currency. Is it best to change the currency from pounds to US dollars or does it even matter?

as for the DVD's, the only time that I know of when an import was pressed for playback in both NTSC and PAL was a Bjork double sided DVD-single. Thank god I have a region-free player, threw in the new Cooper Temple Clause Limited Edition CD+DVD into my order as well....
Old 09-16-03, 02:19 PM

oh and thanks for the links cheapskate almost forgot that the double disc "b-sides" album from the DOVES is coming out at the end of the month (Sept. 29th). Woohoo!
Old 09-16-03, 03:02 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
hmm!

Loads of new stuff, I just ordered the tim burgess cd from amazon along with the spiritualized cd
Old 09-16-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Giles
Question re: CD-WOW, I did order the disc from them and there is box that one can change the currency. Is it best to change the currency from pounds to US dollars or does it even matter?

as for the DVD's, the only time that I know of when an import was pressed for playback in both NTSC and PAL was a Bjork double sided DVD-single. Thank god I have a region-free player, threw in the new Cooper Temple Clause Limited Edition CD+DVD into my order as well....
Good question! I'm sure it depends on the current exchange rate. I mean, you could try and order it in pounds, and if you use a credit card, you're supposed to get the best exchange rate. I've always just clicked on the US$ links and gone from there...

I've been thinking of getting an all-region player too... when my old JVC finally loses the plot I think I'll get the Malata one that keeps popping up here all the time. I really want it for the Alan Partridge box set though... but these music DVD's are getting more and more common.
Old 09-16-03, 06:11 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I just got a region free dvd player from amazon the toshiba 3900. it was 80 dollars I think, I had some coupons so got it for 49.90 shipped. Can't go wrong. Loads of threads on it in international dvd talk.

And alan partridge is sitting at home ready to be watched on my tv tonight instead of on my 18" pc monitor
Old 09-16-03, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I just got a region free dvd player from amazon the toshiba 3900. it was 80 dollars I think, I had some coupons so got it for 49.90 shipped. Can't go wrong. Loads of threads on it in international dvd talk.

And alan partridge is sitting at home ready to be watched on my tv tonight instead of on my 18" pc monitor
You bastard!

...and here I am sitting here with a packet of tungsten tip screws that I'm never gonna use...

Cheers, I'll have to check out the International DVD Forum... silly me, I thought it was just for importing Jackie Chan VCD's...
Old 09-16-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Travis' "12 Memories" is a great album.

But then again, I love that band.

the line from the single Re-Offender......

"You say that you love me, then you do it again...and you
do it again"

is powerful if you're in a relationship.

The imports aren't that expensive if you buy them right when they're releases overseas.....they're usually on sale.
Old 09-17-03, 12:38 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I agree frank, normally if you order them as they are released the cost is very similar if not cheaper than buying in the us, with the exception of Best Buy, and of course best buy won't be selling Starsailor or Muse or any of those anytime soon