Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Which of these keyboards should I buy? Any learning software recommendations?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-03, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Those that have two prices means the first one is brand new and the second is dealer return. Brand new has a 1 year warranty and dealer return has a 90 day warranty. Would you buy a dealer return? Suppossedly they are brand new and from a store that couldn't sell them and had overstocked them. I'm going to a Casio outlet so I've settled on a Casio. All of these are MIDI compatible. I'll be learning how to play in the computer.

ctk 558 $129.99 $69.95
ctk 574 149.99
lk 40 lighting key 149.99
ctk 671 199.99 109.95
ctk 41 107.99

Any other models you recommend? $150 would be the max because the software is $50 and I want to keep it at $200 or less for the package.

In the same vein, what music program do you recommend? I'm a total newbie, I don't even know how to read music. I've settled on Adventus Piano Suite Premier. Any recommendations?
Old 09-08-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
After reading around it seems Casio is not a good brand for MIDI keyboards. Scratch brand. What keyboard period for $150 or less would you recommend?

Is this http://kellysmusic.biz/productinfo.asp?id=1047492502 for $245 shipped a good deal? Is it better to buy a stand alone keyboard with midi capabilities or a dedicated USB keyboard?

Last edited by GatorDeb; 09-08-03 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-09-03, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get one with weighted keys. Nothing matters more, except maybe having extra octaves.