Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Eminem [New Album to be a DOUBLE?]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Eminem to Release Double Album

Apparently earlier in the week Houston radio reported that Eminem's next album would be a double LP. The first CD would consist of 12 to 15 mainly solo tracks with some guest appearances from Shady Records artists, while the second CD would be a collaboration CD between Eminem and his favorite artists. The radio station reported that these artists would include Busta, Jay-Z, 50 Cent and Nas.

from [RAPNEWSDIRECT.com]
Old 09-01-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as long as it isn't
  • Disc I -- Songs About Mom
  • Disc II -- Songs About Kim
Oh, and can't forget the Best Buy/Circuit City exclusive disc of him trashing Pop stars...

BTW...i'm not up on all the rap feuds, but aren't a couple of the artists that he might work with on disc II fightin'..?
Old 09-01-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 09-01-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt he has enough material to fill 2 CDs. This doesn't really sound like a double album in the traditional sense. It seems gimmicky having two discs with separate ideas.

His songs have become really repetitive, bash this rapper, bash Kim, bash my mom, show my love for Hailey....boring.

As for rap feuds, they may be feuding with each other, but anyone will jump to work with Eminem.
Old 09-01-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Brain Stew
anyone will jump to work with Eminem.
We need Neil Young, Johnny Cash, Dave Mustaine, and Bryan Adams as collaborators. Throw in Alanis Morissette and I think it will be complete. Two angry white people.
Old 09-01-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I should have put the quantifier any rap artist...
Old 09-01-03, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There is that many songs in this world that Dre can sample a beat off of (that he hasn't used already)?
Old 09-02-03, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, i believe there is still a vast amount of songs to sample from. He hasn't even opened up the vast beat vault we call "Elvis".
Old 09-02-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally, I can't wait for Eminem's next album.

Looking forward to it, one disc or two.
Old 09-02-03, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh he really wouldn't sample from Elvis, would he?
Old 09-02-03, 06:27 PM

There is that many songs in this world that Dre can sample a beat off of (that he hasn't used already)?
Aren't you thinking of P.Diddy?
Old 09-02-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't wait! I imagine it will be released sometime in the late spring early summer like his last 2 albulms were. We'll see.
Old 09-03-03, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chance to Watch Eminem Record his Next Album

When Shady Records releases Obie Trice’s debut album, Cheers, on September 23, three lucky fans will win a “Wonka-esque” prize of a lifetime. Three “Golden Tickets” will be inserted into three random pressings of the first 500,000 copies of the CD. The recipients will win an all expense paid trip to Detroit, where they will get to hang in the studio with Eminem while he records his new album.

Eminem, who is notorious for his closed recording sessions and carefully guarded music and lyrics, commented: “We were working on this album and trying to come up with the craziest idea possible to help promote it. Obie said ‘Let the fans meet you, that’s what they want.’ So we came up with this contest, and hopefully it will make everyone know the album is out.”

“Everybody’s always doing the same **** with their records, says Obie Trice. ‘Buy my album, get a DVD, get a free poster, get a piece of my toilet seat’…**** all that ****. We wanted to come with the hottest, ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ type **** for a contest. When I was a kid I would have given a nut to win something like this.”

Obie Trice, who has just finished a summer performing with Jay-Z and 50 Cent on the “Rock The Mic” tour, was immediately signed to Shady Records after Eminem heard him freestyle through his car window. He has appeared on such standout tracks as “Drips” on 2002’s The Eminem Show, and “Love Me,” off last year’s 8 Mile soundtrack. The first single and video from Cheers is “Got Some Teeth”, which was recently added to MTV’s rotation.

from [RAPNEWSDIRECT.com]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So EM has to go to X-TREME measure, so this album can $ell. I'm still not Buying this piece of crap...
Old 09-03-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dont hate on Obie ive heard alot of his underground stuff and the man has talent,trust me he's the next to blow up on Shady/Aftermath,I love it when peeps hate on a MC when they havnt heard a thing yet,O Trice is gonna blow remember that,and dont hate untill at least the 23rd.

And as for Ems double disc I heard this about a month ago on the radio,after O Trice D12s new one comes out around Dec./Jan. then Ems disc/discs comes out in the early late spring with 50s shortly after,infact 50 had 2 disc made when Get Rich hit the streets but Em said to wait it out untill some of his other projects where finished to release it.
Old 09-03-03, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm sure the parents of the three 14 year old girls who win that prize will be thrilled
Old 09-03-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally posted by Brain Stew

I doubt he has enough material to fill 2 CDs. This doesn't really sound like a double album in the traditional sense. It seems gimmicky having two discs with separate ideas.

His songs have become really repetitive, bash this rapper, bash Kim, bash my mom, show my love for Hailey....boring.

As for rap feuds, they may be feuding with each other, but anyone will jump to work with Eminem.

Right I guess that is why his The Eminem Show sold 8 million. I think he is the best rapper out there and each cd gets better.
Old 09-03-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BigDaddy
Right I guess that is why his The Eminem Show sold 8 million. I think he is the best rapper out there and each cd gets better.
Backstreet Boys and 'Nsync cds sold millions too, your point?
Old 09-04-03, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DVDHO
Dont hate on Obie ive heard alot of his underground stuff and the man has talent,trust me he's the next to blow up on Shady/Aftermath,I love it when peeps hate on a MC when they havnt heard a thing yet,O Trice is gonna blow remember that,and dont hate untill at least the 23rd.
I'm not one of those PEEPS, I actually heard the stuff he did, of course it is gonna be good [UNDERGROUND stuff] when He is talking about Ja's BITCH ASS... and, oh yeah if there is a couple of good songs on Obie's album, U know that either EM or 50 is on it.
Old 09-04-03, 01:52 AM
Banned

Originally posted by DVDHO
O Trice is gonna blow remember that.

Ok.
Old 09-04-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I will actually buy the new Eminem CD.

In contrast, I've actually bought (and not downloaded or burned) 3 CDs in the past 5 years.

I'm really looking forward to his next work.