DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   New Rage CD/DVD in November (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/314074-new-rage-cd-dvd-november.html)

Ergyu 08-27-03 09:35 PM

New Rage CD/DVD in November

Looks like a their final concerts were scheduled to be released in November of 2000 but was shelved when Zach decided to quit, now it's back on track.

No details as to whats on the DVD yet.

Tracklist:

"Kick Out the Jams"
"Bulls on Parade"
"Bombtrack"
"Calm Like a Bomb"
"Bullet in the Head"
"Microphone Fiend"
"Sleep Now in the Fire"
"War Within a Breath"
"I'm Housin' "
"Killing in the Name"
"Born of a Broken Man"
"No Shelter"
"Know Your Enemy"
"Beautiful World"
"Freedom"
"How I Could Just Kill a Man"

It's about time hehe.

Cyberock 08-27-03 09:43 PM

I'm assuming this is the show at the Grand Olympic Auditorium in Los Angeles. I remember them announcing the show was being recorded for a DVD and then of course the depressing news came shortly afterwords that Zach was leaving the band. What a sad day that was :~( I just can't get into this audioslave stuff and really miss the good old sounds of Rage.

Ergyu 08-27-03 10:02 PM

Yes that is the venue. I love Audioslave, but i really miss Zach. I wish that both could co-exist hehe.

SnoopDogg 08-28-03 01:39 AM

I say F' Zach, his loss.

SnoopDogg 08-28-03 01:40 AM

Jk, I want a reunion album :)

Cyberock 08-28-03 01:44 AM

That was a great show! I went to both nights.

Brain Stew 08-28-03 07:49 AM

Originally posted by Cyberock
I just can't get into this audioslave stuff and really miss the good old sounds of Rage.
Me too :(.

Cyberock 08-28-03 11:52 AM

Originally posted by Brain Stew
Me too :(.
Glad to see I'm not alone on this one. I always seem to get shot down when I say that.

B.A. 08-28-03 12:35 PM

I was hesitant about Audioslave, but my wife went out and bought the album and I listened to the whole thing - I absolutely love it. Cornell sounds great and I think it's the best guitar playing of Tom Morello's career - he's doing a few different things in addition to a lot of the same things he did w/ Rage, imo.

Rypro 525 08-28-03 01:46 PM

no gurilla radio?

MJKTool 08-29-03 12:16 PM

I like Audioslave alot more than Rage. No more preachy BS lyrics from Zach.

RJainMJ 08-29-03 12:27 PM

Audioslave is great at making the kinda music they make, but I just loved Rage's style. It's too difficult to compare because it all depends what kinda music you prefer. Just a side question, what is Zach up to? I thought he was due for a solo album over a year ago?

definitely will be picking up this live CD though. Rage is great live.

Ergyu 08-29-03 04:42 PM

Zachs still recording apparantly. He's had some help from some top shelf producers though, namely Trent Reznor working on 7 tracks with him. I think the album may be coming out very soon. From what I heard of the one song he released on the net, it sounded good. Pissed off Zach half rapping and screaming, just over a hip hop type beat this time.

PalmerJoss 08-31-03 06:32 PM

I love both bands, but I will admit that I felt that Rage was a bit too "preachy" in the end, and I fault Zach for this. I love Audioslave because they are all about the music and don't care to make a "statement" about anything in their music. Call me crazy but if I want politics I'll turn on my tv, not listen to a cd.

db27 08-31-03 08:54 PM

I'm also huge into both bands. It's interesting how they've all evolved musically. Audioslave is just amazing, Cornell has such an amazing voice. However, I really love Rage as well cuz Zach has such and "in your face" approach. Don't care about politics, but somehow he manages to make me think that I should :)

Anyway, looking forward to this disc.

JestersTear 08-31-03 09:09 PM

I thought Rage was OK until they threw that benefit for cop-killer Mumia.