DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Rob Zombie [Best of... w/ Bonus DVD] 9/23/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/314009-rob-zombie-%5Bbest-w-bonus-dvd%5D-9-23-03-a.html)

gerrythedon 08-27-03 05:06 PM

Rob Zombie [Best of... w/ Bonus DVD] 9/23/03
 
Rob Zombie Retrospective Collection in-stores 9/23!

September 23rd is the release date of Rob Zombie’s first “Best Of” album entitled: “Greatest Hits: Past, Present & Future”, which includes a Bonus DVD with 10 music videos directed by Zombie himself. The two disc set spans his early days with White Zombie to his successful solo career...also included are soundtrack rarities and two new tracks. See below for a complete track listing…

Music:

Thunder Kiss ’65
Black Sunshine
Feed The Gods
More Human Than Human
Super Charger Heaven
I’m Your Boogieman
Hands of Death
Great American Nightmare
Dragula
Living Dead Girl
Superbeast
Feel So Numb
Never Gonna Stop
Demon Speeding
Brick House 2003
***** Liquor
Blitzkrieg Bop
Two-Lane Blacktop
Girl On Fire

Videos:

Thunder Kiss ’65
More Human Than Human
Dragula
Living Dead Girl
Superbeast
Never Gonna Stop
Feel So Numb
Demonoid Phenomenon
Return of the Phantom Stranger
Spookshow Baby

from [ROBZOMBIE.com]

db27 08-27-03 05:33 PM

Nice !

bigjim25 08-27-03 05:39 PM

Nice set. Someone like him I'd rather have a Greatest Hits CD. :up:

Lateralus 08-27-03 06:22 PM

Well I guess I'm gonna have to get this!

Spiderbite 08-27-03 07:33 PM

It looks good. I always like his stuff when I hear it on the radio or in various movies. I might have to pick this up since I have never picked up a whole disc by him.

For you Zombie experts out there...is this a pretty good representation of his stuff? It looks like all the radio hits are on there. Is it missing anything essential? I have never listened to a whole album by him so I really don't know if this is considered a good collection. I always hate greatest hits packages that leave out 2 or 3 big hits or great songs that should have been included.

cultshock 08-27-03 08:11 PM


Originally posted by brianluvdvd
For you Zombie experts out there...is this a pretty good representation of his stuff? It looks like all the radio hits are on there. Is it missing anything essential? I have never listened to a whole album by him so I really don't know if this is considered a good collection. I always hate greatest hits packages that leave out 2 or 3 big hits or great songs that should have been included.
This collection looks good to me. :up:
The only songs that I can think of off the top of my head that I wish was on the CD are Spookshow Baby (but at least the video is here) and Meet the Creeper. But I guess this set can't have everything from Hellbilly Deluxe. :)

Lateralus 08-27-03 08:24 PM


Originally posted by brianluvdvd
It looks good. I always like his stuff when I hear it on the radio or in various movies. I might have to pick this up since I have never picked up a whole disc by him.

For you Zombie experts out there...is this a pretty good representation of his stuff? It looks like all the radio hits are on there. Is it missing anything essential? I have never listened to a whole album by him so I really don't know if this is considered a good collection. I always hate greatest hits packages that leave out 2 or 3 big hits or great songs that should have been included.

Yeah it's pretty good but I would include the whole album of Astro Creep: 2000 -- Songs of Love, Destruction, and Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head and the remix album Supersexy Swingin Sounds.

How can you not like songs like this:

Electric Head Pt. 2 (Sexational After Dark Mix)

More Human Than Human (Meet Bambi In The King's Harem Mix)

I, Zombie (Europe In The Raw Mix)

Grease Paint And Monkey Brains (Sin Centers of Suburbia Mix)

Blur The Technicolor (Poker From Strip To Stud Mix)

Super-Charger Heaven (Adults Only Mix)

El Phantasmo and the Chicken-Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine, Women, and Song Mix)

Blood, Milk and Sky (Miss September Mix)

Real Solution #9 (Mambo Mania Mix)

Electric Head Pt. 1 (Satan in High Heels Mix)

I'm Your Boogieman (Sex on the Rocks Mix)

Lateralus 08-27-03 08:33 PM

I just thought of something, Rob should release a new album in DVD audio. :drool:

gerrythedon 08-28-03 02:47 AM

There's only ONE song missing:

House of 1000 Corpses [Soundtrack version]

and for the DVD, is missing one or two videos, I believe... anyway I alredy have both WHITE ZOMBIE albums and Remix album... also both ROB albums and remix album... and 1000 corpses soundtrack. but it has like six rare songs that I don't have + videos, so I'll get.

costanza187 08-28-03 06:27 AM

A bit confused... is this a CD with a DVD? or 2 DVDs? Sounds really cool, but Id like something I could have in the car.

Lateralus 08-28-03 07:38 AM


Originally posted by costanza187
A bit confused... is this a CD with a DVD? or 2 DVDs? Sounds really cool, but Id like something I could have in the car.
CD with a DVD. Metallica did the same thing with St.Anger and so did a couple other groups.

cactusoly 08-29-03 06:24 PM

No black sunshine video?

Michael Corvin 08-30-03 01:03 AM


Originally posted by gerrythedon
There's only ONE song missing:

House of 1000 Corpses [Soundtrack version]

Agreed. :up: This was the best song on his newest album.

gerrythedon 08-30-03 01:03 AM

yeah, also NO "SUPER CHARGER HEAVEN" & "ELECTRIC HEAD" video... that sucks!

cactusoly 08-30-03 06:45 PM

Actually... both solo albums are off the charts top to bottom. I really think its hard to make a true best of. I'm buying the cd for the unreleased tracks and the DVD (which shoud have the complete video history)

mljones99 08-30-03 11:41 PM

sounds good

gerrythedon 09-01-03 02:13 AM


Originally posted by cactusoly
Actually... both solo albums are off the charts top to bottom. I really think its hard to make a true best of. I'm buying the cd for the unreleased tracks and the DVD (which shoud have the complete video history)
yeah both albums are Must have... U can even put both albums on ONE cd[r], "The Sinister Urge" is 39min42sec and "Hellbelly Deluxe is 38min31sec... same reason here for buying, but the DVD is missing some videos like I mentined above...

costanza187 09-01-03 05:12 AM

I really think I am going to be buying this!

Mike Long 09-25-03 08:47 PM

Here's a review:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=7694

Lateralus 09-25-03 09:35 PM

If there is one album to pick up this week, this one is it! For $11.99 at Best Buy this is a no brainer!

The Cow 09-25-03 09:53 PM

I'm very pleased with this one. DVD disc has 7 (i think) videos. Only 2 new songs, but it is still worth the price for the set.

Zodiac_Speaking 09-25-03 11:15 PM

The two new songs are pretty good (probably from his ending of WZ to pre-solo era). The video collection is a real nice accessory. I wish he threw on a few remixes like the Matrix's Dragula version. Maybe a bit too many "Sinister Urge" and House" songs, kinda ruins those albums. Really good; I'm glad.

costanza187 09-26-03 09:37 AM

I got this CD... I must say, I am quite happy with it. I DO wish that "Iron Head", "House of 1000 Corpses" was on it, and "Scum of the Earth"...those are two awesome songs. add those 3 tracks and it would be perfection. The DVD is cool... i havent had a chance to see it all yet, but what I have seen is excellent.

Might I add, I had never heard that "Brick House" version with Rob Zombie, I love that track!

GuessWho 09-26-03 11:20 AM

Metal fans: remember, Best of Pantera is also out now WITH A FREE DVD of all their videos too!

costanza187 09-30-03 08:54 AM

I checked out the entire DVD last night :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.