Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Gavin Rossdale [BUSH] to work on SOLO album

Old 08-25-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gavin Rossdale [BUSH] to work on SOLO album

Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale is laying the groundwork for his solo debut album. The artist recently logged studio time in Los Angeles, recording three songs with former Helmet guitarist Page Hamilton (who also produced), bassist Cache Tolman (Rival Schools), drummer Charlie Walker (Chamberlain, New End Original) and guitarist Chris Traynor, who has played with both Bush and Helmet.

Rossdale has more than enough material to record a full-length album but is in the process of securing a record deal. Bush released four records for Trauma/Interscope and its most recent set, 2001's "Golden State," via Atlantic. Rossdale's first solo track, "Adrenaline," was released last summer on Universal's "XXX" soundtrack. He also appears on the Blue Man Group's new Lava/Atlantic album, "The Complex."

"The weird part is just not knowing how things will work out," Rossdale wrote in June on Bush's official Web site. "As always, I know that the only thing that matters is to make great music. I anticipate great support this time around from those around me. I'm really happy with some of the tracks I've done and just want to get them out and start singing for my supper again."

[BILLBOARD.com]
Old 08-28-03, 03:28 AM

wow, i guess this is cool. I'd love a new Bush cd though. NIGEL COME BACK!!!