Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Sprite Liquid Mix Tour - any good bands playing?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-03, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's only ten bucks to see:

N.E.R.D.
O.A.R.
The Roots
Talib Kweli
Robert Rudolph and the Family Band
Slightly Stoopid

definitely want to see O.A.R. - are the other bands any good?
Old 08-21-03, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Roots are an awesome live act.
N.E.R.D's album was great, never heard them live.
Talib Kweli is good too.
Old 08-21-03, 11:37 PM

N.E.R.D. is an amazing live act. One of the biggest surprises I've ever had at a concert. I'd heard maybe one song of theirs when I saw them at last year's Liquid Mix show. They get the crowd very into the music. The band is also crazy. It's the Neptunes with a white backing band who kick ass! It's great stuff.

O.A.R. is supposedly a great live act. I own their live album and it is good. I've wanted to see them for a while.

The Roots are a great live act. Saw them on the Area One tour and enjoyed it a lot.

Talib Kweli is a hip hopper. Very good stuff. Definitely not like 50 Cent or any of those gangster rappers. If you don't like hip hop, he won't pull you in but if you respect it you will enjoy the show.

Robert Rudolph and the Family Band are a CRAZY live act although I've never been able to see them. I saw them on Lettermen. They will probably be the best act you'd see on the tour.

Slightly Stoopid looks well... slightly stupid. (wa ha ha!!!) No no no. I've never heard their music. I read somewhere they have ties with Sublime though. It doesn't really matter. They are the first band and thus won't play long enough for you to remember one lyric.

It should be a great show. I'm going to the Clarkston show.
Old 08-22-03, 12:33 AM

I agree with what blinkin said, O.A.R., Robert Randolph and The Roots are all amazing. For $10 you can't beat it. I've got 3rd row seats for the Columbus show and I can't wait.
Old 08-22-03, 02:43 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna be catching this show @ holmdel nj. Tix are cheap untill ticketmaster rapes you with the ridiculous charges.

Oh and anymore background on OAR? I've never heard of them, out of all those group, OAR is the one I'm not familiar with. Saw Talib and Mos @ sob's last year. they rocked hard.

WE WANT BLACKSTARR!!!
Old 08-22-03, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by zerotl
Yeah, I'm gonna be catching this show @ holmdel nj. Tix are cheap untill ticketmaster rapes you with the ridiculous charges.

Oh and anymore background on OAR? I've never heard of them, out of all those group, OAR is the one I'm not familiar with. Saw Talib and Mos @ sob's last year. they rocked hard.

WE WANT BLACKSTARR!!!
OAR sounds like a younger version of Dave Matthews Band with reggae added. Some have said that most of their songs sound the same. They kinda do but they are enjoyable.
Old 08-22-03, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Are they pro- Original Aspect Ratio?