DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Icelandic Rap Song... Do you know the artist? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/312680-icelandic-rap-song-do-you-know-artist.html)

tlwizard 08-20-03 11:57 PM

Icelandic Rap Song... Do you know the artist?

There's a rap/hip-hop song that was #2 on the Icelandic pop charts some time ago. I have a copy of the song but I don't know anymore about it. I've searched all the top 40 charts on the internet but can't for the life of me find this song.

The song title is "I Miss My Bi**h"

It's some icelandic group that doesn't speak (rap) the best english, and it sound as if they just learned the word "bi**h" because they throw that word around all over the song.

I don't know the artist but want to find out if they have any other magnificent songs for me to listen to.

Thanks.
Talton

tofu 08-21-03 10:01 AM

Is it Quarashi? They're the only icelander rap group I know of.

cdollaz 08-21-03 10:07 AM

Is it the Sugacubez

cultshock 08-21-03 03:42 PM

Quarashi was the first band I thought of too (I used to be in a Godzilla collectibles Yahoo group and one of the guys from the band was a member as well. Seemed like a nice guy, and I was happy for him to see the band get a record deal and all).

tlwizard 08-22-03 01:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.

I checked out Quarashi's Mr. Jinx, but that doesn't sound like this group at all. Perhaps my anonymous group is more hip-hop than beastie-boys-ish.

And I can't find Sugacubez anywhere.

Here are the lyrics. Partly for amusement, partly to see if they sound familiar. They're MATURE. just a warning. It sortof sounds like an eminem beat. There are two singers. One who sounds like Justin Timberlake or a boys band kind of guy. (Marked as "JT"). The other is a reggae guy (RG) who more talk-raps than anything else.

Spoiler:

(RG) Yeah. One time. Two times. C'mon.

(Chorus)
(JT) I miss my bi**h.
(RG) I missa my bi**h. I missa my bi**h.
(JT) I miss my bi**h.

(RG) Say what, say what?

(JT) I miss my bi**h.
(RG) I missa my bi**h.I missa my bi**h.
(JT) I miss my bi**h.

(RG) Uh-huh. uh-huh. C'mon.

(End Chorus)

(JT) Oh my bi**h, my bi**h, my bi**h, you're the nicest girl i know. Where did you go?

(RG) I miss you bi**h.

(JT) Oooo, I walk the streets, alone at night, without a bi**h. Oooo, where's my crazy bi**h?

(RG) Yo, yo, yo, where is my ho? You know i love you bi**h, why did you have to go? I have not had a bi**h for long. I miss you bi**h, how did i do you wrong? We were so happy, always cool. You lost my puppy, you sucked my tool. But then what happened, what did go wrong? That's why I'm trying to sing this song.

(Repeat chorus)

(JT) Come back baby. You belong to me. Oh my baby can't you see, you're my bi**h.

(RG) Don't you get it bi**h?

(JT) Ooo, I miss you so. Are you somebody else's ho? You're my bi**h.

(RG) C'mon.

(JT) Where did you go?

(RG) I lie in bed, alone at night. We did not even have a decent fight. I was going to have me some p***y. But my bi**h was out of sight. I am sitting here, all alone. I'm so full of love, I've got a hard-on. If you see my bi**h, tell her so. Baby I need you, I need a blow.

(Repeat chorus, till the end)

This song rivals The Lawyer's "I Wanna Mmm, Mmm..." as greatest foreign song I've heard.

Thanks.

jjanik 08-22-03 10:18 AM

Originally posted by TLwizard

:D

cultshock 08-22-03 04:13 PM

Originally posted by TLwizard

I think they broke up after MC Bjork left the band. ;)