DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Help, is this the iron butterfly song? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/311688-help-iron-butterfly-song.html)

Rypro 525 08-15-03 09:01 PM

Help, is this the iron butterfly song?

I think I've heard it on the radio.
Its very long, the keyboards are on one speaker, and the guitar is on the other, and the song has one major rif. Of course me humming wouldn't help, so anyone want to give a sample of the rif? Also to end the song there is about a 1 min drum solo (this is how many bands end songs now during live shows) I didn't hear any lyrics but know there are some.

Brain Stew 08-15-03 09:26 PM

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?

Rypro 525 08-15-03 09:35 PM

yep, does my description sound like it.

Brain Stew 08-15-03 09:43 PM

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida is a very long psychedelic song with a long organ solo. Also, it's Iron Butterfly's most famous song, so it's safe to say that's what you heard.

danol 08-16-03 05:55 PM

Posters are right on it has a lot of drums, Like "I Like Candy" from the Strangeloves. I personally would like a DVD on my group "The Electric Prunes" (Too much to dream last night). I just got "The Turtles" 90 minute DVD rocumentary showing "Happy Together" and my favorite "Elenor" (I think your swell) from rhino.com

cungar 08-18-03 02:44 PM

Did you feel like blowing your brains out by the time the chorus came around for the 8th time?

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida alright

Groucho 08-18-03 02:49 PM

Speaking of long organ solos, the latest issue of Maxim just arrived.

devilpants 08-19-03 12:50 PM

Originally posted by danol
Posters are right on it has a lot of drums, Like "I Like Candy" from the Strangeloves. I personally would like a DVD on my group "The Electric Prunes" (Too much to dream last night). I just got "The Turtles" 90 minute DVD rocumentary showing "Happy Together" and my favorite "Elenor" (I think your swell) from rhino.com
:thumbsup: "Happy Together" Great DVD!

Jackskeleton 08-19-03 04:31 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Speaking of long organ solos, the latest issue of Maxim just arrived.

Yeah, but it has M.C. on it..

Rypro 525 08-31-03 03:41 PM

actually, from memory, it sounds more like a deep purple song, did they ever do any long 7 or 8 min instrumentals. And this song is not on machine head. does radio even play deep purple if its not smoke on the water?

Rypro 525 09-01-03 05:27 PM

also from memory, the riff sounds very familiar to the riff in "bawtiba" (the kid rock song), they play it just with the guitar at one point of the song, just get rid of the nu metal type sound and ad keyboards, and you have it sort of. come on, this is killin me.

TeeSeeJay 09-02-03 10:17 PM

"Hey Marge, remember when we used to make out to this hymn?"

Rypro 525 09-22-03 12:38 PM

figured it out!

Its "frankinstein" by the Edgar Winter Band
thanks to 100.7 the bay for actually saying the name of the band and song at the end of the song.