Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Dandy Warhols - Welcome to the Monkey House

Old 08-14-03, 10:35 PM
Registered

Dandy Warhols - Welcome to the Monkey House

I had an opportunity to hear an early copy of Dandy Warhols - Welcome to the Monkey House and I'd definately give it . Probably the best Dandy's CD.
Old 08-15-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like all the songs except the couple where Courtney sings falsetto (felt the same way about the songs Tim Burgess sang falsetto on the last Charlatans CD). I would give this CD ***/****
Old 08-15-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had a promo copy for months now from the UK...Very good, but it will not at all be embraced by the US audience...hell it hasn't been much embraced by the European audience.

Previous thread on this:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...=dandy+warhols
Old 08-15-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like the disc a lot. "You Were the Last High" deserves to be a hit single, but you're right, lostatmidnight, the US audience will most likely completely ignore this disc.
Old 08-15-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Gdrlv
I like the disc a lot. "You Were the Last High" deserves to be a hit single, but you're right, lostatmidnight, the US audience will most likely completely ignore this disc.
Frankly, I think The Dandys need to play more than a handful of US dates.
Old 08-15-03, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by LiquidSky
Frankly, I think The Dandys need to play more than a handful of US dates.
I agree, I was trying to get some friends to go to Philly to see them, but no one was enthuised....But after this tour, I think they are heading back to Europe again---where the money is. Capital says they are going to promote this one, I will hold my breathe. I do think it is amazing at what this band has done with the money Capital has given them: build that immense playground, studio, living quarters called the Odditurom. How much have they sold? Yes well, they are taking the evil record company for all its worth. And Capital back in the day thought they were going to sell a bazillion records---hahahhaha.
Old 08-17-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well, I'm loving the single, so I am definately going to pick this disc up!!!

MATT
Old 08-18-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Listened to the disc again this weekend on a road trip. I think it's really good.

I would go see The Dandys in Atlanta but there have been many rock slides/closed roads all summer on the only road to get from Nashville to Atlanta

I hope they play more dates in the US in 2004. I saw them on television Friday night.... sounded/looked great.
Old 08-19-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hope to hear this soon.
Old 08-20-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow...the fans here in the US have been overwhelmed with such a fantastic release after all the time we've waited to get this...a poster? Other countries get dvd's and b-sides...thanks, Capital. I think I will stick with my promo copy I bought a few months ago.
Old 08-21-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by lostatmidnight
wow...the fans here in the US have been overwhelmed with such a fantastic release after all the time we've waited to get this...a poster? Other countries get dvd's and b-sides...thanks, Capital. I think I will stick with my promo copy I bought a few months ago.
I didn't even get a poster. Capitol is pretty much treating the US fans like stepchildren