DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Paz Lenchantin leaves ZWAN (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/310831-paz-lenchantin-leaves-zwan.html)

gerrythedon 08-11-03 04:11 PM

Paz Lenchantin leaves ZWAN

[BILLBOARD.COM]
Update: Bassist Lenchantin Exits Zwan

Bassist Paz Lenchantin has exited modern rock act Zwan, according to a note she sent to the Web site Simplypaz.com. The artist plans to join fellow Zwan member David Pajo's Papa M project for a new album and tour, beginning Oct. 4 in Chicago. Pajo tells Billboard.com his status in Zwan is unchanged but that the group is presently taking a break.

"My experience with Zwan has been great but it is time for me to move on to new projects," Lenchantin wrote. The Billy Corgan-led group has been inactive since abruptly canceling its entire summer European tour due to "family matters." A spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment.

Zwan's Reprise debut, "Mary, Star of the Sea," never reached the heights of Corgan's prior outfit, Smashing Pumpkins. Released in February, it debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 and has sold only 267,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As for Papa M, Pajo says the upcoming shows with Lenchantin will focus on "songs we've written together recently. Paz and I haven't been writing together for that long, but we probably have 10 songs," Pajo says. "It usually takes me forever to write one song!" Oxes member Chris Freeland will join the pair on drums.

Papa M's most recent album was 2001's "Whatever, Mortal." Pajo has also released three separate three-track Papa M singles this year via Drag City.

Matt 08-11-03 05:07 PM

Note to Billy:

Don't hire any more female bassists.

SpaceBoy 08-11-03 05:20 PM

She said that she had no time to for anything other than the band and music, even little things like checking emails.

She wrote about this sometime ago on the zwan message boards and stuff. I believe she said it's just a temporarily leave, but we'll have to wait and see I think..

MJKTool 08-11-03 05:44 PM

I Wonder if she now wishes she would have stayed with APC?

gerrythedon 08-11-03 06:29 PM

Originally posted by MJKTool
I Wonder if she now wishes she would have stayed with APC?
SH_T!, I wish she would had stayed.

Hollowgen 08-12-03 12:46 AM

when i saw them live, it seemed like he just had her there to wear skimpy clothes and sing along with him. the bass was virtually nonexistent.

majorjoe23 08-12-03 12:42 PM

No, not Paz! She was the introspective one!

LivingINClip 08-14-03 07:36 AM

Odd. Paz seem to have trouble staying with any given band.

Somewhat on-topic. Anyone hear "Weak and Powerless" , A Perfect Circle's newest single? Damn good.

Ergyu 08-15-03 07:30 PM

Yessiree

Frank TJ Mackey 08-15-03 08:07 PM

GOOD!!!

She was stupid for leaving A Perfect Circle in the first place.

I saw there shows last year.....she was a hit. People screaming for her. She even dove off the stage into the crowd.

A dumb move.

Time for that all-important solo album.