Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Rolling Stones and Friends Concert for Toronto

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Rolling Stones and Friends Concert for Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-03, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm trying to find the AC/DC set list from the concert, and can't find it posted anywere- if someone happens to see it, can you please post it here, or post the link for it?

Thanks!!
Old 08-01-03, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Jason
But he doesn't fit in with any of these bands. There was no logical reason for him to be there (he isn't even canadian). If this was a truly multi-style event, with rap, rock, pop, alternative, electronica, etc., Timberlake would have fit in fine, but the three headline acts are all old-school hard rock acts. I'm not familiar with the "opening" acts, but I know enough aboot canadian music to know they probably aren't boy band pop acts.

Timberlake is easily the most talented person to emerge from the 90's pop scene, but he simply didn't fit in with the rest of the show. Jurassic 5 are a great group, but they would be out of place playing inbetween Rush and AC/DC.
He was invited to play by the Rolling Stones, and hes supposed to turn down that invitation?! Who cares if he didn't fit in with the rest of the show, he was there to help support Toronto. The guy could have been off making millions selling his name around the city but instead he took time out of hid schedule to play a free set to help Toronto. Whats the point in booing and throwing water bottles at a guy who is there helping a cause? I dont care if he doesn't fit in...it's rude, and ridiculous. I'm just glad he took it with a grain of salt. He was a good sport about the whole thing but it is still so unnecessary and rude.
Old 08-05-03, 07:21 PM
Banned

i agree with mautos. justin attracts the younger generation of fans. i'm 34 and i really don't care for his music. but hey, he's popular with the younger generation. not everybody went there to see my favorite band( the stones). i'm quite sure there were alot of justin fans there too...from all over. like mautos said, he was INVITED by the stones!! who in the hell would turn that down? kudo's to justin!!
Old 08-05-03, 10:44 PM

kudos to you crazytrader...and I would have gone to see AC/DC but not with 450,000 people. I would love to see them on their own, such an amazing band!