Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about upcoming Bob Marley DVD

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I saw an ad for Bob Marley's Legend to be released on 7/29. It said it contained 13 videos and the 90 minute documentary "Time Will Tell."

A couple of years ago when I was living in DC, I was flipping channels and stumbled upon a documentary about Marley. I liked what I saw and would like to see the whole thing sometime. I think it was aired on PBS, but I can't quite remember. Anyway, I was just wondering if the documentary included on Legend could be the one I saw or if it maybe was "Rebel Music." Does anyone know if either of these have been televised before?

The only thing that I remember from the documetary were images of poverty in Jamaica and some footage of the One Love Peace Concert. I doubt that really helps much.

And if that question can't really be answered due to the vagueness, which documentary is better?
Old 07-18-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
There have been a number of Marley bios released on VHS, all of them by Island. "Time Will Tell" was the last to be released, coinciding with the "Songs Of Freedom" CD boxset. (I think around '95)

I found it to be superior to the earlier "Legend" doc.

I'm really, really looking forward to this release.