DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   So who here is going to Lollapalooza this year? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/301954-so-who-here-going-lollapalooza-year.html)

Capo2002 06-28-03 10:09 AM

So who here is going to Lollapalooza this year?

Well they aren't coming around here so I won't get to go :(. But how many of you guys are going? When and where are you going, and what band are you looking forward to seeing the most??

auto 06-28-03 11:21 AM

I'm going to the Detroit show on July 18. Can't wait to see Jane's Addiction.

Capo2002 06-28-03 11:30 AM

Wow I thought more people here were going..:confused:

gilbertr76 06-28-03 12:40 PM

I'll be going to the Phoenix show August 15th.

Jane's Addiction, A Perfect Circle, and Audioslave.

Metrodub 06-28-03 05:14 PM

I'll be at the Aug. 1 show in NOVA/DC.

Unfortunately, the second stage bands that I want to see (Kings of Leon, Rooney, the Mooney Suzuki) won't be at this show. Hopefully Burning Brides and The Music will surprise me.

Can't wait to see Jane's Addiction again. Hopefully they play enough of their older material and do not fill their set with a majority of Strays. While that is a good album, I still prefer the Nothing's Shocking material.

woofman 06-28-03 06:03 PM

I'm going on July 13th in Columbus.

Looking forward to QOTSA, INCUBUS, JANE'S. I wish A Perfect Circle was playing on this date.

Ergyu 06-28-03 06:14 PM

I'm going on August 24th.

blinkin_winkin 06-28-03 09:26 PM

I'm going to Clarkston on July 18th. Should have GREAT seats through my hook-up. :)

Does anyone know how the second stage works? Will it be running while the main stage is running or will the second stage go first and THEN the main?

Aaron

SCSIMan 06-28-03 09:35 PM

I will be at the August 13th show in Denver. But not as a ticket buyer, but a video crew man. I'll be down in the pit with a camera. I just did the Chili Peppers/ Snoop Dogg concert, man was that fun!

I can't wait to see Audioslave (Chris Cornell fan) and Cold (hopefully they'll play some of their older stuff, but I don't think they will).

We usually get to meet the bands before the show starts, find out what inhibitions about cameras they have, stuff like that, so hopefully I can meet Cornell, hopefully he's a cool guy.

SCSIMan

Obey The D 06-28-03 10:31 PM

Originally posted by SCSIMan

I can't wait to see Audioslave (Chris Cornell fan) and Cold (hopefully they'll play some of their older stuff, but I don't think they will).

SCSIMan

Unfortunately, Cold is no longer part of the lineup. :(
They will be touring with Evanescence instead.

MJKTool 06-29-03 12:17 AM

Just got my ticket yesterday for the Aug 16 show. I'm so excited to see Audioslave & A Perfect Circle! :up:

Deftones 06-29-03 06:22 PM

damn, I probably won't go now that Cold dropped out. Although, seeing APC and Incubus and Audioslave is pretty tempting.

vdadlani219 06-29-03 08:08 PM

Going to the 7/8 show in Bonner Springs and the 8/16 show in LA.

mljones99 06-29-03 09:05 PM

I would be going but they canned the Raleigh show. I will be seeing Cold when they come through Charlotte (not with Evanescence)

Josh H 06-29-03 09:35 PM

Aug. 1st in DC (technically Bristow, Va.).

Frank TJ Mackey 06-30-03 04:07 AM

going to July 9 in St. Louis.

looking forward to Jane's, the amazing Queens of the Stone Age
Audioslave and The Donna's

the second stage has Cave-In (good band) and The Distillers (kick-azz band).

not looking forward to other second stage acts: Steve-O from Jackass, Bellydance Superstars or Rooney.

would love to see A Perfect Circle again but Queens of the Stone Age are great.....seen them twice this year.

should be a hell of a show.

Meatpants 06-30-03 02:11 PM

I might be going to the Tweeter Center outside Chicago, but I'd only show up at the end to see Jane's. A friend of a friend is offereing me 2 lawn seats for $25.

Capo2002 06-30-03 03:59 PM

Too bad some people will only get to see either APC or Queens of the Stone Age. It would be awesome if both bands were playing the same shows.

happycamper 07-02-03 11:35 AM

Going on August 17th. :)