DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Ever get hooked on a tv song? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/298251-ever-get-hooked-tv-song.html)

Coupon_Queen 06-10-03 11:05 PM

Ever get hooked on a tv song?

I heard the theme from Charmed and was totally taken. Then I heard a song on one of my soaps the other day and I took an hour to track it down. It was Martina McBride's song "Happy Girl". I get hooked on these songs and can't let go of them until I have tracked them down. How about you?

Christina

conscience 06-11-03 10:07 PM

I don't wanna wait.

Gah I hate that song and that show.

----------

And that Ally McBeal song. haven't seen the show in so long, but I always sung along with it while the credits rolled.

Rypro 525 06-11-03 10:25 PM

humming along to the buffy theme guilty

Michael Corvin 06-11-03 10:28 PM

On all my dvd tv show sets, I always skip the intro except for one. Cheers. One of the greatest tv theme songs in history. :up:

Phuzbox 06-11-03 11:32 PM

Got hooked by the Scrubs theme song (Lazlo Bane - Superman). Went out and got the soundtrack, lots of great songs on it.

Joel 06-12-03 02:54 AM

Theme from Beverly Hills 90210.
Theme from Hawaii '50.

DonnachaOne 06-12-03 03:24 AM

Theme from mid-nineties Britcom The High Life.

NZ_DVD_Freak 06-12-03 05:14 AM

I seem to really like listening to/singing along with themes from the sitcoms from the 80s. I guess they were on tv during my childhood and they bring back good memories.

I got a compilation cd with all the greats; Charles in Charge, Diff'rent Strokes, Growing Pains, Perfect Strangers (love this one!), Golden Girls, Family Ties, etc etc the list goes on

and later I got another volume in the same series (Television's Greatest Hits , released by TVT Records). This volume has newer stuff like My Two Dads, Full House, Mad About You, Twin Peaks etc etc

Objectively I know a lot of these tracks are pretty dumb, but I enjoy them anyway!

Re: Charmed
How Soon Is Now is a great song. It's been covered heaps though (even Tatu have done a cover!).

eedoon 06-12-03 08:27 AM

Umm... not exactly a TV series, but those opening and end credit music of the documentary The Secrets of War is really good imo.

bralph 06-12-03 09:26 AM

Believe it or not, I'm walkin on air
Never thought I could feel so free

tonyc3742 06-12-03 11:47 AM

Meet Cathy who's lived most everywhere
From Zanzibar to Barclay Square
But Patty's only seen the sights
a girl can see from Brooklyn Heights--
What a crazy pair!

Current shows, I like the Futurama theme and Powerpuff Girls, both opening and closing tracks. I don't like the Smallville theme.

And that Tatu cover of How Soon is Now? is just about insulting, IMHO>

Kal-El 06-12-03 12:19 PM

Originally posted by bralph
Believe it or not, I'm walkin on air
Never thought I could feel so free

You forgot the last two words:

"...hee hee"
;)

cheapskate 06-12-03 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
You forgot the last two words:

"...hee hee"
;)

Agreed - it was barely recognizable without it :D

I always thought the theme for "The Dead Zone" was cool, and found out it was New Year's Prayer by Jeff Buckley - great song!

AndyCapps 06-12-03 01:56 PM

Originally posted by conscience
I don't wanna wait.

For our lives to be over. I want to know right now, what will it be?

I'm going to miss hearing that song on Wednesday nights. I never have tracked it down, but I did hear it playing in the background at LS Ayres recently.

cheapskate 06-12-03 02:06 PM

Originally posted by conscience
I don't wanna wait.

...for my trapper keeper :D

das Monkey 06-12-03 02:14 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE> • Quoth ^sam^ •<HR SIZE=1>...for my trapper keeper :D <HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>

:lol: First thing I thought of too. I mean, come on ... it has On*Star.

das

NitroJMS 06-12-03 06:29 PM

I really liked Aimee Allen's "I'd Start a Revolution," which was the theme for Birds of Prey. Too bad her album got cancelled by her label.

BigPete 06-12-03 07:17 PM

Yackety Sax - the song better recognized as what plays every time two brits chase each other in quicktime on the Benny Hill show.

mwj 06-12-03 07:27 PM

There was a song on a car commercial, Volkswagon I think, which I really liked. It sounded like Ennio Moricone, but I never found out the title or artist name.

B.A. 06-12-03 08:29 PM

Originally posted by dtcarson
I don't like the Smallville theme.
I have liked that song, 'Save Me', since the first time I heard it. I actually went out and bought Remy Zero's album "The Golden Hum" because of it. It's a good cd that just keeps growing on me.

tasha99 06-12-03 09:00 PM

I like the Charmed song--sounds like The Psychodelic Furs to me.

I'm ashamed to say it, but I pretty much love the Digimon song.

tasha

Edit--well I guess it's The Smiths, not the P-furs.

DJLinus 06-12-03 09:36 PM

Originally posted by mwj
There was a song on a car commercial, Volkswagon I think, which I really liked. It sounded like Ennio Moricone, but I never found out the title or artist name.
I don't know if this is the one you're talking about, but I love the song used in the VW commercial where the guy is trying to stop the wedding. The song is "One Million Miles Away" by J. Ralph.

And I defy you to get the theme of the old Spiderman cartoon out of your head once you hear it.

MurraySiskind 06-12-03 09:43 PM

"Welcome Back" by John Sebastian, from Welcome Back Kotter. Probably my all time favorite theme song.

Rypro 525 06-12-03 10:07 PM

I spent 40 bucks on ebay to get 4 cowboy bebop cds. (not the box set, the first 3 volumes, and the one that has the end theme.)

secretzman 06-13-03 05:18 AM

I don't know if this counts of not, but it was on a TV show, so what the hell...

Believe it or not, George isn't at home,
Please leave a message, at the beep.
I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home.

That song never gets old.