DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Carlos Santana...has anyone seen him live? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/295827-carlos-santana-has-anyone-seen-him-live.html)

Rocky_Stallone 05-30-03 10:46 PM

Carlos Santana...has anyone seen him live?

I've got front row seats to Carlos Santana at SPAC in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. on July 22nd.

I can't wait to see the show. It's going to be amazing seeing Carlos jamming on the guitar with all of these special guest singers.

I've never seen Carlos live before. He's one of my favorite musicians. Always loved him.

"Abraxas" I think was his best album ever recorded.

I know Michelle Branch is definitely going to that show with Carlos. Because Carlos just performed with Michelle Branch at a local show in my area ealier tonight at a smaller club, Michelle Branch had been playing small clubs during her tour break. She invited Carlos to play with her. I'm sure Carlos will have Michelle at the SPAC show in July.

It's going to be amazing seeing Michelle RIGHT in front of the stage with her boobs bouncing over her guitar, she's wicked hot. :drool:

Seeing Carlos in concert will truly be an amazing show. I hear he plays throughout the entire show non stop for a full three hours. He just plays intrumental jams between songs I heard.

palebluedot 05-30-03 11:51 PM

I saw Santana years ago when he and Jeff Beck were touring together. Both were very good live so you should enjoy it. Unfortunately you couldn't drag me to see him now after that absolutely horrible crap sellout album Supernatural. I mean this is the man that created Abraxas...a musical masterpiece. I am disgusted by Supernatural and it's too bad he was finally recognized because of it.

Rocky_Stallone 05-31-03 08:03 AM

Originally posted by palebluedot
I saw Santana years ago when he and Jeff Beck were touring together. Both were very good live so you should enjoy it. Unfortunately you couldn't drag me to see him now after that absolutely horrible crap sellout album Supernatural. I mean this is the man that created Abraxas...a musical masterpiece. I am disgusted by Supernatural and it's too bad he was finally recognized because of it.
Why??? Because Santana is performing with pop singers now? That is laughable. No offense.

IMO, his music will always be great no matter what singer he plays with.

Santana had always been known to have different singers in his years. He doesn't know a thing about songwriting, that's why he hires other singers, so he could play lead guitar over the song. In the 70's, Santana had fans of adults and hippies. Today, Santana wanes to widen his audience by having pop stars.

blinkin_winkin 05-31-03 11:10 AM

Re: Carlos Santana...has anyone seen him live?

Originally posted by Rocky_Stallone
[B]I've got front row seats to Carlos Santana at SPAC in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. on July 22nd.

I know Michelle Branch is definitely going to that show with Carlos. Because Carlos just performed with Michelle Branch at a local show in my area ealier tonight at a smaller club, Michelle Branch had been playing small clubs during her tour break. She invited Carlos to play with her. I'm sure Carlos will have Michelle at the SPAC show in July.

It's going to be amazing seeing Michelle RIGHT in front of the stage with her boobs bouncing over her guitar, she's wicked hot. :drool:
It's a nice thought BUT Branch is opening for the Dixie Chicks around July 22nd. She'll be opening for them in CA on the 21st and 23rd. I wouldn't count on her flying out for one song.

You should check her out one of these years though. I saw her live about a year ago. She is quite hot.

Aaron

Rocky_Stallone 05-31-03 03:34 PM

Damn, so Michelle will not be there then. :(

Carlos will probably have a different female singer to sing "Game of Love" if Michelle doesn't show up at the show but I can't see anyone else doing that song no one other than Michelle Branch herself. Who knows, maybe she will be there, I hope. A Santana show can't be done without Michelle doing that hit song.

ClarkKentKY 05-31-03 11:26 PM

I saw him at a taping when he was on The Tonight Show. Only one song, but he's got a great presence.

:)

Mutley Hyde 06-01-03 11:25 AM

Santana is one of those artists who I just don't ever seem to pick up their releases, but won't pass up a chance to see live. It truly is a spectacular event. He's a true bandleader, and to watch the whole process live is amazing. I've seen him twice, and while have never owned any of his music, I'd go see him again.

Same way with Willie Nelson. :up:

Enjoy the show Rocky!

shaun3000 06-02-03 03:19 AM

Originally posted by Mutley Hyde
Santana is one of those artists who I just don't ever seem to pick up their releases, but won't pass up a chance to see live. It truly is a spectacular event. He's a true bandleader, and to watch the whole process live is amazing. I've seen him twice, and while have never owned any of his music, I'd go see him again.

Same way with Willie Nelson. :up:

Enjoy the show Rocky!

OK, get these Willie Nelson albums, atleast:

Red Headed Stranger
Stardust

Sheesh!! :)