Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

90's Punk better then today's Junk.

Old 05-26-03, 11:59 AM
  #26  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The City of Roses.
Posts: 4,802
Originally posted by das Monkey
? Quoth KevinSmithIsGod ?
And where did you see this interview?? I kinda find that hard to believe, sorry.



It was on NBC. Its existence is not affected by your ability to believe in it. Do you think he just made all that up?

das
Pretty snotty reply to an honest question. Clearly this quote is from an SNL skit.
Surf Monkey is offline  
Old 05-26-03, 01:46 PM
  #27  
DVD Talk Hero
 
das Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 35,881
Quoth KevinSmithIsGod
Thats what I figured..that it wasnt REAL....



I didn't say it was real. I said it was live and on NBC. Both of these things were quite true. My apologies for misleading you, but it clearly listed Tina Fey as the "interviewer" in the original post. I meant no harm ... just having some fun.

das
das Monkey is offline  
Old 05-26-03, 01:48 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Hero
 
das Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 35,881
Quoth Surf Monkey
Pretty snotty reply to an honest question.



... the last person to be lecturing others on snotty replies.

How about we get the discussion back to how funny this article is ...

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 05-26-03 at 01:54 PM.
das Monkey is offline  
Old 05-26-03, 02:54 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
flair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,294
Thats one of the best onion articles ive read in awhile. I cant believe what the masses pass as "punk" anymore. Im not a big fan of punk rock, but all the new bands that are on MTV are horrible (IMO). Luckily, bands such as pg 99 are keeping the punk rock spirit alive, because the kids are killing it.
flair is offline  
Old 05-26-03, 10:21 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 492
Originally posted by das Monkey
Quoth KevinSmithIsGod
Thats what I figured..that it wasnt REAL....



I didn't say it was real. I said it was live and on NBC. Both of these things were quite true. My apologies for misleading you, but it clearly listed Tina Fey as the "interviewer" in the original post. I meant no harm ... just having some fun.

das

Ok..who is Tina Fey?
KevinSmithIsGod is offline  
Old 05-26-03, 10:33 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Hero
 
das Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 35,881
Quoth KevinSmithIsGod
Ok..who is Tina Fey?



She's the anchor of the "Weekend Update" sketch on Saturday Night Live and has been for a few years. She's also the head-writer for the show. Being the TV addict that I am, I just assumed you'd look at the post again after my comments and go, "oh ... silly me ... he's quoting an SNL sketch." It never occurred to me that you wouldn't know who Tina Fey is.

das
das Monkey is offline  
Old 05-26-03, 11:20 PM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 492
Originally posted by das Monkey
Quoth KevinSmithIsGod
Ok..who is Tina Fey?



She's the anchor of the "Weekend Update" sketch on Saturday Night Live and has been for a few years. She's also the head-writer for the show. Being the TV addict that I am, I just assumed you'd look at the post again after my comments and go, "oh ... silly me ... he's quoting an SNL sketch." It never occurred to me that you wouldn't know who Tina Fey is.

das
Ah...well..I havent really watched SNL in maybe 8 years or so..
With the exception of a show here and there for a musical guest..
KevinSmithIsGod is offline  
Old 05-27-03, 06:05 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 23,460
So this idiot didn't get into punk until after high-school... what a douchebag. He's the one who doesn't know what punk is all about... if he didn't get into it until 92 or so, then he missed what it was all about too. That's about the year the golden age ended - His 'watershed' event of Green Day appearing at some stadium was actually the beginning of the end. Sure, I saw Green Day and Offspring play and I liked them, but that was when they were playing in front of 50-100 people in a warehouse in the business district and Offspring was opening for the G'rups. They could've interviewed someone with some brains... cuz he's right about todays punk being crap.
Trigger is offline  
Old 05-27-03, 09:56 AM
  #34  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lighten up, Francis! (Funland)
Posts: 26,856
Originally posted by Trigger
So this idiot didn't get into punk until after high-school... what a douchebag. He's the one who doesn't know what punk is all about... if he didn't get into it until 92 or so, then he missed what it was all about too. That's about the year the golden age ended - His 'watershed' event of Green Day appearing at some stadium was actually the beginning of the end. Sure, I saw Green Day and Offspring play and I liked them, but that was when they were playing in front of 50-100 people in a warehouse in the business district and Offspring was opening for the G'rups. They could've interviewed someone with some brains... cuz he's right about todays punk being crap.


Is the owned image applicable on this one?
Buford T Pusser is offline  
Old 05-27-03, 10:03 AM
  #35  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 23,460
Originally posted by Buford T Pusser


Is the owned image applicable on this one?
Well so it was all sarcastic or something? I don't know, I never read the onion and I don't know what it is. I don't understand why everyone's laughing in this thread - is it because they think Good Charlotte is punker than f*** or is it because the article is a tongue in cheek? I don't even really get why I deserve an owned image... cuz I'm stupid for not reading the onion? The internet is lame.
Trigger is offline  
Old 05-27-03, 06:19 PM
  #36  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 31,356
The Onion is a humor newspaper, with articles written like they are actual news items.

Their most notorious piece was a from a few years ago, about how the Harry Potter novels were turning children on to Satanism. It got passed around by various conservative Christian groups who thought it was true.

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/potter.htm

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 05-27-03 at 06:23 PM.
Josh-da-man is offline  
Old 05-28-03, 04:00 AM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nowhere near your neighborhood
Posts: 789
Originally posted by KevinSmithIsGod
Ok..who is Tina Fey?
custom001 is offline  
Old 05-28-03, 08:45 AM
  #38  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lighten up, Francis! (Funland)
Posts: 26,856
Originally posted by custom001
That may or may not help since part of her known look is the glasses.



Buford T Pusser is offline  
Old 05-28-03, 12:58 PM
  #39  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 23,460
Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
That may or may not help since part of her known look is the glasses.



Damn - those are some big-ass feet. Plus, she looks like she got bitten in the face by a dog as a kid or something.
Trigger is offline  
Old 05-28-03, 01:07 PM
  #40  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lighten up, Francis! (Funland)
Posts: 26,856
Her feet aren't really that big. It's the distortion from the wide-angle lens.

Last edited by Buford T Pusser; 05-28-03 at 08:39 PM.
Buford T Pusser is offline  
Old 05-28-03, 08:05 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: PA
Posts: 2,180
Originally posted by Poink
Greg Ginn is doing a Black Flag reunion to raise money to save stray kittens. Or so I've heard.
why doesn't he just try to sue negativland again?
Venom is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.