Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Bad news from Phil Anselmo -- Pantera is done for

Old 05-14-03, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bad news from Phil Anselmo -- Pantera is done for

Bad news for Pantera fans.

'Vocalist Phil Anselmo says that he is done with PANTERA and he intends to focus all his time and energy on SUPERJOINT RITUAL. "There was a lot of business with Warner Bros. and this and that DOWN and PANTERA and this and that, and etc. etc." Anselmo was quoted as saying by MetalIndex.com. "Whatever. Pretty much what I'm doing here is I'm sticking with SUPERJOINT, and I'm not doing ****in' anything else. This is where I'm most comfortable and this it the type of music that I wanna do, you know?"

Anselmo says that he is proud of what PANTERA achieved and is also proud that they pulled the plug rather than faded away. "If you think about it, PANTERA never went away until we personally said, '**** it'."

Asked if he sees patching up differences and rejoining DOWN or PANTERA, Anselmo said, "Never say never... [but] not right now."

SUPERJOINT RITUAL's sophomore album, "A Lethal Dose Of American Hatred", is due on July 22 through Sanctuary Records.'

This is from http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth....wsitemID=11976
Old 05-14-03, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

well, that just pisses me off... Pantera was my favorite band!
Old 05-14-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk God

kind of sucks. i was really getting into pantera lately.
Old 05-15-03, 02:37 AM

Even though I love Pantera, I'm actually more upset that he has severed ties with Down. Their blues-metal style really was awesome. I've only heard the one song MTV2 plays of Superjoint and it wasn't really enough to tickle me. Any thoughts on his new band?
Old 05-15-03, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ozzy's Bat Head
Even though I love Pantera, I'm actually more upset that he has severed ties with Down. Their blues-metal style really was awesome. I've only heard the one song MTV2 plays of Superjoint and it wasn't really enough to tickle me. Any thoughts on his new band?
The whole Superjoint CD is done in the same style. Some songs are more grindcore than others, with Phil screaming in a black metalish voice. All of the songs are short as well. If you didn't like that song, I don't think you would like the album.

However, Vinnie and Dime have a new band coming out called New Found Power. It isn't Pantera, but something is better than nothing.
Old 05-15-03, 07:08 AM
Banned

Pantera will never be the same without Phil.

No Phil, No Pantera.

I hope they don't replace a new singer.
Old 05-15-03, 03:06 PM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
It's safe to say that Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven are two of my favorite albums - and *easily* two of my faves from the plain old "metal" genre (as opposed to death metal, black metal, power metal......).

Pantera has recorded many songs that I'd consider great, but if I had to pick one that best represents their coolness, it might be "Shedding Skin" from FBD.
Old 05-15-03, 03:21 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by inVectiVe
It's safe to say that Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven are two of my favorite albums - and *easily* two of my faves from the plain old "metal" genre (as opposed to death metal, black metal, power metal......).