Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Guns 'N Roses

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-03, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Guns 'N Roses

What happened to the new G 'N R CD?
Old 05-13-03, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
delayed or cancelled due to the fact that they cancelled the tour due to riots.
Old 05-13-03, 08:00 PM
Banned

The only song that i like from GNR is "Sweet Child O' Mine."
Old 05-13-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Be patient, everyone knows it takes at least *10* years to record an album...(I think he accidently taped over it with Rick Dee's American Top 40 and is too embarassed to admit it)

-------------------------

THE OFFSPRING have landed themselves in the midst of controversy after making a joke at AXL ROSE's expense.

The Californian punk band were proposing to call their next album 'Chinese Democracy (You Snooze You Lose)' in reference to Guns N’ Roses' long-mooted 'Chinese Democracy' LP, a record that has been under development for eight years.

However, Rose has hit back with a cease and desist letter from his attorneys, according to The Offspring's's official website, www.offspring.com. There has been no further word from The Offspring regarding future action.

-------------------------

Read more here
Old 05-13-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I read that about The Offsping. Pretty funny. I love the old stuff but watching Axel now is just sad.
Old 05-14-03, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just wait. The REAL Guns N' Roses will be putting forth new material soon. By that I mean Slash, Duff, and Matt Sorum's new band. Just wish Izzy was going to be part of it
Old 05-14-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
I think The Offspring should call their next album "Fat Axl Got a Facelift and Hair Extensions."
Old 05-14-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Scorpio
Just wait. The REAL Guns N' Roses will be putting forth new material soon. By that I mean Slash, Duff, and Matt Sorum's new band. Just wish Izzy was going to be part of it
...with Scott Weiland, correct?
Old 05-14-03, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mkdevo
...with Scott Weiland, correct?
Yep. I think Izzy wrote songs and played on them, but he won't be touring with them. I could be wrong...
Old 05-14-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 480 Likes on 352 Posts
The rumor going around is that Geffen may drop GNR and they may go to the indie Sancutary Records. Geffen may be tired of Axl's erratic behavior. They may also be tired of waiting for Axl to turn in the album (which was due in 2000).
Old 05-14-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/new....asp?nid=18047

Weiland to Front Gn'R Band

STP singer says the new group will be called Reloaded

After two recorded songs and months of speculation, Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland confirmed that he will be the singer for the band featuring former Guns n' Roses members Slash (guitar), Duff McKagan (bass) and Matt Sorum (drums). According to Weiland, the secretive group, which has been working under the name "the Project," will be called Reloaded.

"Yeah, I'm in the band," Weiland told Rolling Stone during Marilyn Manson's show at Los Angeles' Key Club on Monday night. "We signed the contract."

Sorum, who attended the Manson show with Weiland, was more guarded about the singer's involvement. "I need to ask my whole band before we can say anything," he said. "We left the studio tonight to come down here to see Manson."

Sorum and company had been searching for a frontman for the better part of a year. In addition to an open call for demo tapes, they tried out a stable of well-known singers including Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Travis Meek (Days of the New), Kelly Shaefer (Neurotica), Josh Todd (Buckcherry) and A. Jay Popoff (Lit). VH1 has been filming the tryouts and sessions for an upcoming special.

Last month, Weiland seemed to gain the pole position when he recorded a cover of Pink Floyd's "Money" with the band and guitarist David Kushner (Suicidal Tendencies, Wasted Youth) for The Italian Job soundtrack, due May 26th.

According to a post on the Stone Temple Pilots Web site, Reloaded also worked on a new song called "Set Me Free" for The Hulk soundtrack and hope to release a full-length record by February 2004.
Old 05-14-03, 01:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Screw Axl, I'm all over this Reloaded thing! I'm not much of an STP fan, but you give me Duff and Slash in a band, and I'm all over it! I hope Izzy is involved too. Izzy was always my favorite as a kid, and I thought the first solo record was great too (wasn't so hot on the follow up, but oh well.)
Old 05-14-03, 01:59 PM
Suspended

Wow

Axl who?
Old 05-14-03, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Reloaded definitely seems to have promise.
I'll have to check out those soundtracks when they come out...
Old 05-15-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Damn. I thought Travis Meeks was in. I like his vocals much better than Weiland. They had been touting it on the radio here (Meeks neck of the woods) that it was a done deal a couple of months ago. That sucks.

I LOVE the Offspring. The new album title is genius. And to my knowledge, and reading on the offspring site, Axl can't sue over an album name. Song titles and album titles cannot be copyrighted. Anyone is free to use what they want except in rare occasions. Anyway, Dexter said that they would relenquish the title if Axl puts his mythical album out first.
Old 05-15-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin

I LOVE the Offspring. The new album title is genius. And to my knowledge, and reading on the offspring site, Axl can't sue over an album name. Song titles and album titles cannot be copyrighted. Anyone is free to use what they want except in rare occasions. Anyway, Dexter said that they would relenquish the title if Axl puts his mythical album out first.
Yep, that's what I learned in my Copyright Law class last semester.

Kind of reminds me of when years ago Peter Gabriel announced his next album would be titled Up. Time passed and no release. R.E.M. then released one called Up. And then Shania Twain releases an album called Up! around the time Peter Gabriel finally releases his.
Old 05-15-03, 10:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Damn. I thought Travis Meeks was in. I like his vocals much better than Weiland. They had been touting it on the radio here (Meeks neck of the woods) that it was a done deal a couple of months ago. That sucks.

I can't stand the Offspring, but I have to admit that is hilarious. I hope the go through with. Axl is such a baby.

Also can't stand Meeks/Days of the New. Yech. Really I wish they'd gone with an unknown with some talent, but Weiland seems like the lesser evil of the many folks listed above.
Old 05-15-03, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Offspring have also changed the title to their new album. It will NOT be called "Chinese Democracy" (as great as that one was!)

This is from Blabbermouth.net (which also reported "Scott Weiland IS An Official Member of Ex-GnR"):

Spokesperson: SCOTT WEILAND Not An Official Member Of Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Band - May 14, 2003

A spokesperson for ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash has refuted published reports that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland has been officially named the singer of the new project featuring Slash and fellow ex-Gunners Matt Sorum (drums) and Duff McKagan (bass).

"Scott is not in the band," Slash spokesperson Arlett Vereecke told MTV.com. "The management set up [a live presentation for film studios in April] as a way to get the guys in the recording studio again, to have something going until they decide on a vocalist."

"It's pretty darn close," McKagan said. "We kind of set ourselves up for the right singer to come along, and I think so far this is good. It's a step in the right direction [doing these songs] with Scott."

Despite reports that Weiland is now the band's singer and has signed a contract, sources close to the group told MTV that there is no contract and that he can't be confirmed as the frontman until he resolves his rehab issues, an ongoing source of frustration for the band.

As previously reported, the band recently contributed an original song titled "Set Me Free" to "The Hulk" soundtrack to go with the already announced cover of PINK FLOYD's "Money" for the soundtrack to director F. Gary Gray's upcoming remake of the 1969 British crime comedy "The Italian Job".

Though they may be listed in the credits for the upcoming "The Italian Job" credits as THE PROJECT, an official name is still being chosen, Slash's spokesperson said. The bandmembers are scheduled to meet Friday to discuss what to call themselves for "The Hulk" track. The group's contributions will not appear on soundtracks, Vereecke said.
Old 05-16-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Did STP break up?
Old 05-18-03, 01:12 AM

Originally posted by BigDaddy
Did STP break up?
I think Scott W. was doing solo gigs last year. So maybe STP is no more
Old 06-06-03, 05:59 PM

Go to http://www.belowempty.com/main.php and look around for some interesting things to listen too.
Old 06-06-03, 09:29 PM

Scott Weiland Gets Official Nod To Lead Ex-GN'R Members

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/147...e_pilots.jhtml

and according to rollingstone.com, STP may or may not be any more

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/new....asp?nid=18170
Old 06-07-03, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow.... just wow. That band is going to kick so much ass. I'll miss Axl's voice, but not that much. I would have rather had Sebastian Bach fronting the band, but I'll take what I can get.

About the only thing that makes me sad is that Matt Sorum won't be touring with Tori Amos anymore.
Old 06-07-03, 12:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Rypro 525
delayed or cancelled due to the fact that they cancelled the tour due to riots.
The tour wasn't cancelled because of riots, it was cancelled because Axl was no-showing most of the concerts. He did do a few shows, but he showed up hours late for those.
Old 06-07-03, 12:12 PM
Banned

AFAIK, STP is done. The band got tired of Weiland constantly having to go to rehab.

Slash and Sorum have confirmed that Weiland is the new singer for their band, whose name has been changed once again. First it was "The Project." Then it was "Reloaded." Now it's "Velvet Revolver."

IMHO, they should get a new singer. Weiland is not stable enough, and will end up being more of a hinderance than an asset until he cleans up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.