DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Songs that contain sound effects? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/292247-songs-contain-sound-effects.html)

Rypro 525 05-13-03 06:53 PM

Songs that contain sound effects?

I am doing a project in school using director 8.5 It is a little 30 second movie. here is what I have so far. A pick up truck starts up and starts to move. I have a tinny sound from some freebie sound effects site. The only song I can think of that has a car reving up and starting is "girls, girls, girls" by Motley Crue, but I don't have that cd. Next a gun comes up but it uses some kind of wipe where it comes in as like a whoosh noise. I decided to use the very end of "have a cigar" for that part. Then once the gun fires, it starts a fire up front. As the bullet hits, I have the riff for "Muddshovel" by Staind going. Then an airplane flies over, I have the helecopter noise from "the happiest days of our lives" from pink floyd. Then a bomb flies down, to the little scream in "another brick in the wall pt.2" As the car explodes, I have "longview" from green day.

Are there better songs out there that have soundeffects
as a wrap up I have
Have a Cigar Pink Floyd
Muddshovel Staind
The Happiest Days of Our Lives Pink Floyd
Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2 Pink Floyd
Longview Green Day

MJKTool 05-13-03 06:55 PM

Aenima from Tool

(the whole album)

borisdisco 05-13-03 06:57 PM

"Hangman's Jury" by Aerosmith has a swinging gate that squeaks.

cheapskate 05-13-03 08:35 PM

"Ash - 1977" - The album begins with the sound of a Tie Fighter (and ends with the sound of the band vomiting, if that appeals)

"Oasis - D'yknow what I mean" - Song has a helicopter intro...

mjquilly 05-13-03 08:36 PM

<didn't read post well>

Giles 05-13-03 10:51 PM

there are countless sound effects on Art of Noise albums, notably on the "The Ambient Collection" and "Daft" albums.

Poink 05-13-03 11:08 PM

Well, The Minutemen's classic Double Nickels on the Dime album opens and closes with cars starting up.

As far as an exploding car goes... you could try to find a download of Negativeland's "Car Bomb." It's funny as hell and has as good of a car exploding sound effect you're gonna find. :)

fallow 05-14-03 12:53 AM

Modest Mouse: "Mice Eat Cheese" has a car engine starting in the beginning. "Medication" has traffic noise in the background throughout the course of the song.

Belle and Sebastian: "If You're Feeling Sinister" has children playing (playground, perhaps?) in the beginning.

The beginning/ending of every track (?), save the last one, on ...Trail of Dead's album Source Tags and Codes has party noises and other ambient sounds.

Phuzbox 05-14-03 12:59 AM

The Hunger - "Devil Thumbs A Ride" has a car starting up and peeling out at the beginning.

Drexl 05-14-03 02:29 AM

What exactly are you looking for? Do you just want sound effects and have decided the best way to get them would be from music, or do you actually want there to be rock music with the sound effects?

If you just want sound effects in general, movies would be much better suited for the task. Even if you don't have a DVD-ROM drive, you must have a DVD player (or else what are you doing here?), so you could connect the audio output(s) to your computer and get them that way.

As for songs:
Do you need a storm? "Riders on the Storm" by The Doors
How about a submarine? Make that a "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles
An atomic bomb and/or air raid sirens? "Christmas at Ground Zero" by "Weird" Al Yankovic

Rocky_Stallone 05-14-03 05:45 AM

Anything Pink Floyd does have a lot of weird sounds effects in their songs.

SCSIMan 05-14-03 11:01 AM

Any Fear Factory album.

SCSIMan

Michael Corvin 05-15-03 08:56 AM

ummmm.

Pink Floyd - Money
Pink Floyd - Time
Tom Petty - Into the Great Wide Open (chains on a leather jacket)
Billy Joel - Goodnight Saigon (kick ass helicopter)
Pimal Fear - Formula One (formula car through the song)
Jackyl - The Lumberjack (is it not considered a sound effect when the chainsaw is actually used as a musical intrument?)

cungar 05-15-03 11:37 AM

Quadrophenia has lots of sound effects including sea noises on I am the sea and mod chants etc.